Looking for a great reverb to use in the loop of my Bludotone

Rick0

I'm looking for the best reverb that I can get to run in the loop of my Bludo-Drive (Classic low plate circuit). I use a Loop-A-Lator to interface with a TC 2290 and Audioarts 4100 parametric EQ. I have a PCM 70 (version 2), but I think that there are better options out there. I'm hoping to find something that sounds warm and natural, and won't alter the dry signal. I've even thought about trying a Neunaber Wet or Strymon BigSky. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Rick0

I think your PCM70 will be fantastic. No need for anything else.
It does sound great, but I don't think that it has true analog dry path. The newer a/d/a converters might be a bit better also. I'm not sure that I'm happy with the way the Lexicon colors the sound. I'd love to try a Bricasti M7, but It's not really a practical option (I've never seen one in an live rack).

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
As long as you're already using rack stuff, I wouldn't bother with pedals. Your PCM 70 is still quite nice. If you really are looking to upgrade, a PCM 80/81 or even a PCM 91/92 or even 96. I would give your PCM 70 another chance, first.

Trending Topics