Looking for a guitar...

Nota

I've never posted in here. Y'all are scary. I lurk over in the pedal forum.

I have one electric guitar. It's my baby. You can't touch (or look) at her. No, don't even look.

I don't know much of what's out there, but as you can tell I'm very picky. Here's what I want, not sure it even exists:

- Shorter scale guitar, 24.75'' or less.
- Humbuggies with no pickup rings
- Flat neck, 14''-20'' radius, thin D profile preferred
- Under $1000, preferably under $600

I have a lot more tastes but I realize the more I write the less likely this mystical guitar exists :)

milli vanilli

If you can deal with 25.5" radius i'd suggest an ibanez RG. No pickup rings, hum buckers, flat neck, easily within the radius you want, thin neck that hovers between a C and a D, and I just got a brand new RG655 for a grand, you can go used prestige for a lot less if you wan used.... Some of the LTD are simiar, but I'd take an ibanez prestige over an LTD personally

Nota

If you can deal with 25.5" radius i'd suggest an ibanez RG. No pickup rings, hum buckers, flat neck, easily within the radius you want, thin neck that hovers between a C and a D, and I just got a brand new RG655 for a grand, you can go used prestige for a lot less if you wan used.... Some of the LTD are simiar, but I'd take an ibanez prestige over an LTD personally
I think all the Ibanez RGs are 25.5'' scale. I'll double check though!

Phnurt

Gold Supporting Member
Check into something by Schecter. They have a good selection of short scale axes with shred style necks and flat or compound radius fretboards. Really well made guitars for a really low price (my traveling guitar is a Schecter). The only part that doesn't meet your criteria is the pickup rings.

Nota

Thanks, checking them out now (owned the C-1 Classic in the past) but most of them are 25.5 as well. I did see one that was shorter so far!

Nota

No, other than a custom Agile (which seems to be around $900) not too many exist. I know there's gotta be one out there somewhere :)

rsm

Gibson Les Paul Junior?

I got nothing else that may come close to what you want...maybe build your own?

It's not that expensive, actually... you can make a partscaster that matches your need for the price point you quoted.

Reactions: rsm

rsm

Want to build me one? I can't build anything with wood, although I do have a piece of sand paper and a screwdriver somewhere...
I don't build either, however, my requirements for guitar (though perhaps may seem eclectic to some) are met by standard models.

milli vanilli

Can always get a used epiphone les paul, sand the neck, and have the frets leveled to get a flat radius? Grab a cheap used one so if the experiment fails at least you didn't drop a grand...

TVa

Gold Supporting Member
A used Les Paul Special with humbuckers would fit your needs. If you did black with black pickup rings, I think the rings would annoy you less: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Gibson...886017?hash=item41a6a7c101:g:rfUAAOSwPc9W1c6y

I randomly bought a 2011 "jr. special" on Ebay for sub-$500 to try out the P90 sound, and I have been pleasantly surprised.

The specials from the 2011-2012 era have a neck that definitely feels like a "thin D" profile if that's what you're into.

Trending Topics