Looking for a hardware pedal like the Line 6 Mid Focus EQ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ChrisVereb, Jan 15, 2015.

1. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

There's an effect in the M5 called Mid Focus EQ that's a HP and LP filter with boost. Each filter has an adjustable cut off and Q. I really like what I've been able to do with this effect, but I'd like to keep the M5 in it's mod/delay role that it currently occupies. Getting a 2nd M5 is an option, but I was wondering if there's a hardware version of this effect I could check out first. DIY options are appreciated as well!

2. misa

misa Supporting Member

The closest I can think of is the Empress ParaEQ.
    [​IMG]

3. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

That looks like a great parametric EQ! Thanks for the heads up on that one. From the looks of it and the description on the empress page, that box has 3 band pass filters with adjustable Q, freq, and gain plus the boost. The lf/hf bands may be Low Pass / High Pass, but in most parametric EQ's the bands are implemented as band pass. The Mid Focus EQ is implemented as low pass and high pass. It's likely you could dial in the empress to have the same response though. I'm going to keep looking around to see what LP/HP filters are out there. Some of the synth oriented stuff might be a better match...just need to find it in stomp box format. Maybe the moog stuff.

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

You might want to check this thread out
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1466400

Also just did a quick "guitar parametric EQ pedal" google search and got mixed results. Found it best to go to images, and just look at the pics, you can weed out a lot of non para EQ that way.

The MI audio one on that thread above looked interesting (halfway down the thread) but someone else said it wasn't on the mi site.

Just a few ideas.

Good luck.