1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Les Paul type guitar.. Edwards?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sanders4617, Jan 21, 2008.

1. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

While I continue my search for a decent Les Paul type guitar under $1000, I ran into Edwards. Have any of you had any experience playing them? How do they sound? Solid made or cheap? Let me know if you can.

Thanks

2. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Use the search function. Theres a 40 page thread about them. Lots like em, some dont - theres more than enough info to get you started :AOK

3. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Ah cool. Found it. I have read so many good things about it. The cool thing is that buying one plus the shipping from Japan is still cheaper than most Gibson Les Paul guitars. I am not going to act on instinct just yet. I am going to wait a couple of weeks most likely and see where I stand then. Looks like I might buy one though. I have a Stratocaster that I love.. and to add that Les Paul type of guitar to my collection would be great. Gonna keep going through that thread. lol. Its huge.

4. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

The GC by me is blowing out the Les Paul Vintage Mahogany guitars for $630 which in my opinion is a great deal. I would probably run the lot and pick the best one rather than order a guitar sight unseen which might have problems and/or be a "dud."

5. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

I have a Edwards for sale. Sent you a PM.

6. minorseventh

minorseventh Member

i have a Greco/zemaitis LP copy and let me tell you it absolutely smokes any studio or faded gibson. I had a faded mahogany LP and it seemed like a toy, and I currrently have a DC LP with p90s that I am not pleased with at all.

the japanese are very serious about guitar building...