• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Looking for a Mid-High gain OD for solos

Goldwing

After a way too large research I think the Simble set high can do the trick for me. I know I know, hehe I've said that no-amp-emulator pedal, but that sound seems the one that I'm searching for. Maybe I can boost it for more gain with the SF before.

OR the Arc Effects Soothsayer.

Funny world, I guess I ended in traditional distortions..but that's ok!!

Thanks to all for your suggestions!

plan-x

You may be in for a long haul looking for this pedal. My search still goes on. Did the BD-2, DS-1 modded Keeleys. Moved on to the Barbers, Direct drive and Dirty Bomb, Unlimited, etc. The problem with high gainers is to much compression and a muddy bottom end. I do have a Flux drive currently and boost it with a Timmy. This combo is pretty sweet, just like a Zendrive boosted with a Timmy. Kind of like your Simble. You mentioned having an aggressive drive to compliment these more tame/laid back drives. I have landed on a Maxon RTO 700 for those "in your face" solos. It sounds big and aggressive. But I am always searching for that elusive high mid pedal. Check out this vid, it shows the aggressiveness of the Maxon pretty well.

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
If you haven''t bought your pedal yet, I have a suggestion. the Subdecay Super Nova Drive. Hardly anyone has one, but it's a great pedal. Very versatile with it's bass, mid and treble controls, and has it's own sound. I love mine - I was running it plus a Zendrive on the same big board not long ago, but sold the Zendrive because the Super Nova was just better.

freaksho

still not getting why you're not trying a TS. especially since you say so many others have too much bass. the TS and it's lineage all have the perfect amount of bass trim and compression for leads imo. only thing is that it may not have enough dirt on tap for you. but i dunno.

and i am almost annoyed that the FD2 has not been tried, considered or even metioned. it's the perfect lead pedal imo, and includes an adjustable gain boost.

Goldwing

HI!

Well yes the Maxon sounds really great, I haven't found many more useful demos though...

The TS is basically not considered because it lacks gain for what I want and also I would like a little less mids

The rat opinion again...well is it so hard to read that I don't want the same sound that is already in so many records? That's also the reason why I don't want anything marshall-oriented..

Agree, the dumble sound is also very well known, but again, I think I can modify it to my liking more.

cheers

Top Bottom