Looking for a new guitar :)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by shawnjawn, Feb 7, 2012.

1. shawnjawn

shawnjawn Member

Well, it seems as though I have GAS once again...and I feel like I want to get a new guitar.

I was planning on giving my first guitar to my young cousin since she's been playing acoustic for a while, but her parents don't really want to spend the money on another guitar. So I wanted to give her my Epiphone Special II as a belated birthday present. My main guitar is a G&L ASAT Tribute, modded with lace sensors.

I guess what I'm looking for is a replacement guitar for my Epiphone, with humbuckers, and under $1000. I mostly play alternative rock or indie-ish stuff, but I've recently gotten into more ambient type songs as well.

I have a PRS SE 24, a Fender '72 Thinline, a classic player Jaguar, and a classic player Jazzmaster in mind so far. I don't have many stores nearby which have these guitars to try out, but I was planning on going out of town to try them out. I just wanted to see some opinions for these or recommendations.

2. jcv

jcv Member

3. shawnjawn

shawnjawn Member

That looks great! I saw some Les Paul Studio's that were about $800 new. I will have to look into that. So far, I'm still partial towards the Thinline and the PRS SE, but I will keep the Les Paul as an option :)