Looking for a new Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stevo, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Stevo

Stevo Member

I'm shopping for a new pedalboard. I have been using a Pedaltrain 2 but I have out grown it, and instead of adding a 2nd board, I want one big board. I've been looking at NYCpedalboards -Big Shot which would almost be perfect exept I want a metal ATA style case. Does anyone know where I can find a pedal board like the Big Shot but in a ATA case?

Thanks

2. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

pedaltrain pro is just a tad smaller and has ATA case

3. williamh

williamh Supporting Member

www.tmcases.com

their pb-04 is kinda similar. My decision was between this board and the same nyc you're talking about. The nyc board showed up in the emporium when I was in the market and it was a good deal, so I ended up with the nyc.

4. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

5. Stevo

Stevo Member

NGM - Can't really afford $300, I was hoping for around $200.
    Pedaltrain Pro - I like my pedaltrain, but I want to look for something else.
    TMcases - This one might be good, I don't know if I like the 2nd riser track thing, I do need a 2nd riser but the track looks kind of funny.

Are there any others?

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Im getting a second pedaltrain pro actually. What dont you like about your II that makes you not want a pro?

7. Stevo

Stevo Member

I think the Pedaltrain 2 case is really heavey, I just read that the Pro version is 32lbs, and that's without all of my pedals. I gig alot and that is just too much for me to lug around.

8. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

I currently have a PedalTrain Pro which I bought with a hard case but sold the case b/c of it's weight. I replaced it with a double-padded Studio Slips bag which 1000% better the the soft case the PedalTrain sells with their boards.

Anyhow, let me know if you're interested because I'm thinking of selling the Pro board with the bag. Drop me a PM.

9. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Most boards will have a similar weight in a case and the PT cases provide so much protection. If you end up getting something like an NYC case it will probably weigh as much as the PT pro. Good luck with your seach.

10. Stevo

Stevo Member

Thanks, the NYCPedalboards "Big Shot" is only 18lbs, still not light, but almost half as heavy as the PT Pro. I just wish the Big shot came with a metal case.

11. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

+1 for NGM. I've had mine since 1999. I've rebuilt it a couple of times, but it's still NGM's design that works for me.

12. Digitalman

Digitalman Member

I'd check out Pumaboards if I were to buy one...do a search for them here, there's some really nice ones around.

http://www.pumaboards.com/

13. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

+1!
    I have a PB-05 and it's everything I wanted, nothing I didn't ;)
    Good price, too.

-Ben

14. rreiser

rreiser Supporting Member

I really like the new Furman SPB-8C . It has stereo outs. power conditioning , 4 AC power outlets, and 8 pedal power outlets.

15. Richards

Richards Member

16. radcliff

radcliff Member

tmcases has gone out of business:(

17. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

:eek:

Where did you read that?

-Ben

18. CrashEd

CrashEd Member

I have a board from Diago: www.diago.co.uk It's sturdy, light (compared to most) and has plent of space. You simply stick the 'hooked' Velcro to your pedals and secure them to the board (covered entirely inside by the furry Velcro). There are several sizes to choose from.

James Kitchen who runs the company is a top guy and is very helpful. They even making me a custom riser for my second row of pedals.

They also sell a 3A power supply that will power all kinds of pedals (up to at least +20 pedals :eek: ).

19. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

Hi Stevo, :)

I think you would get a lot of satisfaction if you built your own pedalboard instead of buying one. I know this is easier said than done, but with a little patience and research it shouldn't be too hard.

Alternitavely, you can buy a pedalboard and save yourself a lot of time and headaches! :D I've got a pedaltrain 2 and I love it. For me, its the perfect board because its so light and you can easily get the cables out of the way due to its intuitive design. I haven't owned some of the more expensive pedalboards out there, but I'm sure you could find a pedaltrain that suits your needs.

Good luck,

Tim

20. Stevo

Stevo Member

Thank you everyone for your information, I am leaning heavily towards the NYCPedalboard, desipite it not being in a ATA Case. I am still open to other boards if there are any that haven't been mentioned.