• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Looking for a new pickups for my ibanez series

jazzyguy

hello guys i have an ibanez series with an evolution pickups but for some reason i dont like the soud that i get at all and dont get me wrong the evolution pickups are great but not for me, so i decide to change, i like pop, rock, blues and jazz and i was thinking to buy an emg pickups for the brigde and maybe a seymour dunca for the neck the jb one, but for the single pickup i have no idea, i heard about dimarzio airnotron and the area 58 and area 61. can you give me some advice before i change them in order to make the right choice!!1
thanks for your time and i hope you can help me with your experience.
i did post this thread also in guitars forum but im not sure where i have to post my thread

jb4674

A couple of questions:

1. What kind of Ibanez guitar do you have (model)

2. Why do you want to combine emg's (active) and passive pickups?

Grenville

It's not usual practice to put a JB in the neck.

I'd try DiMarzio Nortons or 36th Anniversary, or Seymour Duncan Antiquities.

Alternatively, look at some handmade pickups from Lollar, SmitsParts, Brierley, etc. I use Mick Brierley pickups in most of my guitars and they are wonderful.

jazzyguy

A couple of questions:

1. What kind of Ibanez guitar do you have (model)

2. Why do you want to combine emg's (active) and passive pickups?
its a series ibanez my guitar model which came form the store with a passive pickups , i do want to have a brigde pickup as potent as the emgs and i like the sound of the emg 85 i guess thats the bridge pickup, for the neck pickup i was thinking in the antiquity jazz model i dont know why i wrote the jb model,
my point is that i want a to have have an agressive pickups to play rock, another to play some blues or jazz thats why i was thinking an emg for the brigde position, may be the air norton for middle position and the jazz model por the neck position
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage-output/antiquity_jazz/

jazzyguy

im still learning to play guitar and i guess i will be learning all my life to play new scales and chords, i just dont know if what im thinking is correct! because i dont get when i see the mid bass and treble on dimarzio website
any advice is welcome from you guys
thank you for take your time and read my post

jazzyguy

its an ibanez S670QM, mahogany body and rosewood fretboard... i found the tone wizard in the seymour dunca website i will try it to see what advice i get

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
Personally, I'm a fan of Bare Knuckle pickups, great product and terrific customer service. Right now I mostly play a HH telecaster with a Mississippi Queen neck and Nailbomb (anlico) bridge (Matt Bellamy of Muse used this combo in several guitars). That combination has proved extremely useful and versatile for me, playing a lot of variety of alternative and rock. The Mississippi Queen sounds lovely for jazzier stuff as well. Check out the bare knuckle website and look at some of the pickups. You'll see voicing charts and there are some sound clips to give you an idea of how they sound.

Top Bottom