Looking for a nice reverb pedal

SmashingTuna

Hey all, first-time poster here. I'm looking for a reverb pedal to go along with my MIM Fender Stratocaster and Bugera V22 amp. I was hoping to find an atmospheric type of reverb to put in the effects loop of the amp, preferably some type of boutique pedal anywhere ranging 50 to 200 bucks...

Thanks in advance!

ModdersAnon

EHX Holy grail nano has a killer hall reverb. And not too pricey.

I've also heard good things about the TC electronic HOF mini

Subdecay spring theory. It has a room mode that is brilliant. The spring mode is fantastic as well. Not too pricey, i got mine for $120 used. Nice small company builds them.

joeybsyc

I have a Hermida Reverb and recently got a Holy Grail Nano for my "upstairs" rig... while it's good, it doesn't beat the Hermida, in either sound or simplicity. I wish I would have just bought another Hermida.

shoepedals

I just got a Logidy which I haven't gotten to plug in yet but I am really excited about it. Will post later with opinions

etc

If I were you, I'd wait until NAMM is over. There is bound to be a couple hot new reverbs coming.

SmashingTuna

How about pedals with a "forever" option on it like the EHX cathedral (which im not a fan of itself)? Are they any good ones with that option, or should i try a combination of reverb and something like an EHX freeze?

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
You'll get a zillion answers, but the Hall of Fame seems like a very reasonable starting point.

armadillo66

Boss Fender Tube Reverb pedal is pretty sweet sounding. I have a Bugera V22, play a LP with mini humbuckers and a three pickup Tele through it, onboard reverb on the Bugera is ok, but for rockabilly and spacy stuff, the Fender Tube pedal is better.

hendrik7

I would recommend Eventide's Space for end all be all reverb pedal, but for that price range, I think TC's HoF might be your ticket in.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Bugera V55HD. While I love the clean channel on the amp, the on board reverb leaves a little to be desired. It's actually a pretty good digital spring reverb, but the tail is very short, and if you wanna wash out with it, it definitely blurs the definition of your playing. I decided to try a Hall of Fame but didn't like it at all. It sounded hokey to me, blatantly digital, with everything just sounded more like a delay. The digi spring reverb on the Bugera was way more pleading to my ear than the HoF. A lot of is due to taste though. In my heart, I'm an old school player who simply loves Fender spring reverb. I'm definitely going to look into stuff like the Subdecay. That was my favorite from YouTube videos I've seen.

Regarding the HoF, if you like over the top reverbs, you might love it. It's certainly very popular for a reason, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

t-rey

Hall of Fame is a good place to start. However, the EQD Ghost Echo is far and away the best reverb pedal I've ever played.

muddyblues45

Silver Supporting Member
Hall of Fame is a good place to start. However, the EQD Ghost Echo is far and away the best reverb pedal I've ever played.
I was just about to say that.

The Ghost Echo is awesome and doesn't muddy up your tone or note clarity when you add more depth. I haven't even thought about looking for another reverb since I got it. I thought the Hall of Fame was too synthesized, but it has a lot of options on it.

Trending Topics