Looking for a pedal, but don't know what

Here is my current board, and I go Ric 360/Jag into AC15.

IMG_7634 by Rick Munro, on Flickr

I'm looking for something to put after the rat and before the carbon copy. maybe a light OD, needs to be one with a volume and gain control. I've had a timmy, I know it would work, but getting another one just sort of bores me. I was thinking maybe a red llama or blues driver, or something like that. another option would be a different type of delay, maybe something tape echo-eque. I had a DD7, and I hate to buy into cork sniffing but the bypassed/buffered signal really did suffer. it made my rig sound more digital when it was off for sure, even though I did kind of have fun with the options it had. Ideally, I don't want to spend more than $60-70 on a pedal, maybe at that price I can buy a delay type and some light OD and spend $160 or so.

I don't really have any desire for any other effects aside from drive, delay, reverb, and tremolo - I think

PS - fuzz has never really done anything for me, rat low gain grind is as nasty as I need to get.

Thanks

Multicellular

Since you have a rat and hot cake, which you presumably like primarily, I might get something really versatile, you know to fill in multiple other tonalities you might want sometime.

Something like a Wampler Euphoria. Has two great lower gain options and some higher gain, but quite distinct from the rat.

Stratburst70

[full disclosure] I'm turning into a Way Huge Electronics fan, because I'm so impressed with the products they've been offering. I own two Green Rhinos and I'm looking to buy a Swollen Pickle fuzz. [/full disclosure]

The Red Llama is brilliant if you already love your basic tone and just want to add extra sizzle. As Jeorge Tripps says in this video, you have to like the sound of your amp when it's pushed otherwise it's not for you.

The Carbon Copy is great if your delay needs aren't that complex. If you want more, the WHE delays are freakin' cool - the Echo-Puss is recommended if you've ever loved and lost a EH Deluxe Memory Man. The TC Electronics Flashback is also a great choice and I've seen it on many a pro's pedalboard.

I'll admit I'm a delay junkie so the Boss DD20 or the TCE is about the minimum I'll go with, just because I really like having reverse and dotted-8th note delays.

PS - I know these may be outside your budget but I think their bang-for-buck quotient makes them worth saving up the extra $$$.

all good ideas, keep them coming.

really gasing for a modded blues driver for whatever reason, but I also want a different flavor of delay.

I would suggest a tubescreamer of some kind if you're looking for another drive pedal. As for a delay, you might want to try out a TC Flashback if you can. It's slightly out of your ideal price range (about $100), but it has so many options, you could experiment with the different delay types for days.

I would suggest a tubescreamer of some kind if you're looking for another drive pedal. As for a delay, you might want to try out a TC Flashback if you can. It's slightly out of your ideal price range (about $100), but it has so many options, you could experiment with the different delay types for days.
tubescreamers don't typically go well with vox style amps, already have the mid range covered.

Bearfoot honeybee
that's one I've been considering.

How about a wah!
don't really care for wah as an effect.

DaveKS

Look at a Triumvirate.

Many tones you can get out it that no other pedal will ever think off. Demo above doesn't even scratch the surface. Cranked it approaches near fuzz. Bass only distortion almost gets octave down vibe to it.

Some of my fav uses is using as a dirty EQ, tone blender. Want more bottom girth after your rat, leave mids/treble as clean pass thru and then just dial up a a little more bottom dirt with bass controls. Wanna make rat cut a little more for leads, dial up more treble/mids dirt and volume. You could drill a hole in in a concrete wall with that treble band.

I've had a gain changer, great OD and one I know will work, but I don't feel like settling on that yet so to say.

same goes for the EM drives.

Trending Topics