• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Looking for a Reverb Pedal...

Which Reverbs are considered to have the better sounds. I keep hearing about the Holy Grail Plus, and how good it sounds, but it is pretty noisy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

paulscape

Im using a Trex roomate tube reverb pedal. Very lush warm natural sounding reverbs and 1 setting has mild chorus with it. Great for cleans. It sucks a little tone though, but I have it on fairly low in the mix.

jeffinaustin

Supporting Member
Verbzilla. Just got one a couple of weeks back and love it. Great basic verbs all the way to some studio sounding stuff and over the top effects as well. Great pedal.

MojoHand

Supporting Member
Been using the Verbzilla for well over a year now. It's versatile, reliable, and sounds really good. It replaced a Holy Grail in my setup and beats it by a mile in my opinion. I like reverb and use it a lot. I haven't even looked at other reverb pedals since I got this one. I'm completely satisfied. Ultimate testimonial: I run it in front of my blackface amps instead of the on-board spring reverb... I like the sound better and it's much more flexible.

+3 on the TC nova Reverb - it made my Verbzilla a back-up pedal. Apart from very lush spring/plate and hall modes it's real nice to have two settings to switch between - I set one for low verb levels and one for a much wetter sound when needed.

mcuguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I have a digitech reverb pedal, the dark green one. It has a very nice sounding spring reverb setting, and it's very affordable.

+3 on the TC nova Reverb - it made my Verbzilla a back-up pedal. Apart from very lush spring/plate and hall modes it's real nice to have two settings to switch between - I set one for low verb levels and one for a much wetter sound when needed.
Same. The Nova is very realistic, while the Verbzilla is a little over the top and cliche at times.

guybrush

Been using the Verbzilla for well over a year now. It's versatile, reliable, and sounds really good. It replaced a Holy Grail in my setup and beats it by a mile in my opinion. I like reverb and use it a lot. I haven't even looked at other reverb pedals since I got this one. I'm completely satisfied. Ultimate testimonial: I run it in front of my blackface amps instead of the on-board spring reverb... I like the sound better and it's much more flexible.
+1 to that, except for the blackface amps bit, which I do not own.

mlynn02

Supporting Member
i had problems running my holy grail in an effects loop. it broke. are any of you all using your reverbs in a loop? especially interested in the verbzilla, boss, or holy grail plus. i'm sure the tc and the trex would be great, but i can't afford them.

innocent_bystander

Supporting Member
TC nova reverb
big thumbs up on the nova reverb!:crazyguy
Same. The Nova is very realistic, while the Verbzilla is a little over the top and cliche at times.
another TC Nova Reverb user here.... great sounding reverb....

Trending Topics