Looking for a SG with P90's ... and no not the Gibson SG Classic!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Emiel, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Emiel

Emiel Member

Hi,

I'm very interesting in trying/buying a SG guitar with P90 pickups next to my Les Paul and Strat. The thing is however, that I live in the Netherlands and the only SG with P90s I know is a Gibson SG Classic. There are only very few sold through the years here and virtually none are appearing on the secondhand market, and if they are they're pretty expensive. I love my Edwards Les Paul and it would be great if Edwards sold a SG with P90s... but unfortunatly, they don't.

Therefore I'm asking, who knows a non-Gibson brand which builds and sells SG's with P90s? Also important, please don't let it be more expensive than the already "expensive" Gibson SG Classic I know it sounds in contradistion, but I'm not looking for a very cheap or crappy guitar :)

Thanks!
    Emiel

2. airjamie

airjamie Member

3. Mr Benn

Mr Benn Member

4. Emiel

Emiel Member

Hi,

The problem with those guitars is that they're not available in the European Union...

5. Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl Member

Emiel, what part of Holland are you in? If you know anyone who's in the US military there, they could have the guitar shipped to them for MUCH less than it would normally cost you.

Otherwise, there is a way to have things shipped from the US, for less than the "normal" channels. Can't remember exactly, but if you go to the TCM forum (www.thetcmforum.org) & do a search, it'll turn up.

6. Emiel

Emiel Member

Nice find! It actually it being sold in the UK, but the link is through Dutch Ebay ;)

Expensive shipping! 115 euro just for UK -> Netherlands! I'm afraid I'm not looking for a Les Paul with P90s... but I just looked at the UK Tokai website and they do sell SG's with P90s!

[​IMG]

Retail price is about the same as Gibson is asking for their SG Classics... but I looked on the bay and those Made In Japan Tokai's are quite cheaper! Only just a wrap around bridge... is that a problem?

I actually live in the south east of the Netherlands, my parents live close to the NATO base, but unfortunatly I don't know any US Military people. We had an Canadian family living next door but they went back to Canada... but thanks :)

Allright, I'm looking for a Tokai SG P90, any other suggestions? Please let them come :)

7. Emiel

Emiel Member

Light kick

Anyone? More suggestions for a SG with two P90s?