Looking for a sound, which effect will work?

67blackcherry

Years back, a friend had a TC Electronics 2290; that thing would do this delay/vibrato/tremolo thing that I absolutely loved.

It's so hard to describe the sound, the closest thing I can think of is Joe Perry on "Jaded" at 0:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0
(he plays it twice on each pre-chorus) and I can't nail down that effect but that's the sound I'm hearing in my head.

I've tried it with the tremolo on my BF amps, but can't quite get it. Is that a delay, or something else?

Thanks...

mahler

I can only hear tremolo, no delay or vibrato! But I must have bad ears.

Don't think its a vibe pedal (the rotovibe) because vibe pedals don't do tremolo they are imitating a rotating speaker!

mahler

I would go around either trying amp built in tremolo, or pedal based tremolo, eventually you should sound something suitable! I however am not that into tremolo!

67blackcherry

I would go around either trying amp built in tremolo, or pedal based tremolo, eventually you should sound something suitable! I however am not that into tremolo!
Like I said, I've tried dialing that sound in with the onboard tremolo on my blackface Fenders; it just doesn't get it. I'll have to work at it some more, but I'm thinking that's some sort of stomp box.