1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a special type of true bypass loop, is this made?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmckeown88, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jmckeown88

jmckeown88 Member

So I want to run my boss RC-50 loop station more with my live rig, but I don't want to run my guitar signal through the AD/DA converter the whole time.

My question is this: Is there a box made that will switch my signal from going between my delay and amp to going through the RC-50 between delay and amp, then when I switch back (so that it doesn't run through the RC-50), the box switches where my guitar signal goes, but still takes audio from both returns.

Basically I need a TB box that switches by changing the sends but not cut the return.

Any advice?

2. 4styx

4styx Member

I think your looking for a sraightforward looper pedal that takes your RC-50 out of the chain when not in use,no?

3. jmckeown88

jmckeown88 Member

yes, but I want the return of the loop to still be sent through to the amp.

I use one amp, I want to be able to run straight to that amps, not through the RC-50, when I'm not using it. Then when I want to loop something I'll hit the switch and record a loop, then once finished recording I want to hit the switch again, routing my guitar directly to the amp, but I want the loop playback to continue as well. I hope this is making sense.

Perhaps an A/B box ahead of the RC-50, then a 'splitter' run backwards? Where "A" goes straight to the Y end of the splitter, "B" goes to the other Y end of the splitter, then the single end of my splitter to amp?

4. 4styx

4styx Member

Maybe a looper pedal with the return jack wired to the output jack,bypassing the switch.

5. jmckeown88

jmckeown88 Member

Yeah, kind of like an A/B switch with a return that instead of splits, combines.