Looking For A Subtle Chorus Pedal

mspizziri

I currently have a Valve Jr head that has been modded with a tone knob and have been looking around at chorus pedals to add a little thinkness and sparkle to the clean tone.
I'm looking for something that can really dial in a subtle chorus effect

I tried a Boss CH-1, CE-5 and Danelectro Cool Cat and out of those three I really like the Cool Cat. I found by setting the mix level fairly low I could get a nice clean tone without sounding too over the top

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions at other pedals to look at that can provide a really nice mild, natural chorus effect

I also wanted to see if anyone had a chorus pedal (or any other pedal) that they actually leave on all the time. Not sure if anything like that is out there, but a pedal that adds to the clean tone and when you add gain on top it sounds really good as well

corbs

Silver Supporting Member
The dano CC-1 is a great chorus. If you tried it and like it, use it, as it can't be beat for the price. The Hardwire chorus can also be very subtle as it also has a mix level.

I have both.

mspizziri

The dano CC-1 is a great chorus. If you tried it and like it, use it, as it can't be beat for the price

Yeah I'm really leaning towards the Cool Cat right now

Has anyone tried the Black Label Chorus. I've actually had a few people recommend it because it mixes with gain really well

JTL

A "subtle chorus pedal" strikes me as being like an "Amish Xbox Game."

dcg810

You mean you have never player Grand Theft Wagon

:rotflmao

i received an analogman mini chorus with external mix knob in the mail a few days ago, so far i like it. you can definitely set it up for a subtle chorus effect, especially if you utilize the mix knob as well. but, i don't have first hand experience with any other chorus pedals other than the models on the line 6 mm4, so i can't say if the mini chorus is your best option or not.

jackbart1960

If you can find one is a DLS Effects Chorus~Vibe. It was a total out of the blue type thing. I found it used at one of the local GC's. Never heard one before and haven't seen another. But it's definitely "leave on and forget" type of shimmer to total space type nonsense. I pissed through a bunch of chorusi and few of the real pricey ones to. Found this to be the quietest, most "natural"(if that makes any freak'n sense), and with 7 delay presets very flexible. Last time I looked for their website all I found was something that was half done. But it was less than a hundred bucks used(because of no reference I’d bet) and it slayed a lot of great boxes.
Peace. J.J.B.

Last edited:

jackbart1960

I stand corrected. I just went to the DLS website and it's up and rock'n
I still have no idea what their chorus goes for but well worth a look.
peace. J.J.B.

Mindcrime

Silver Supporting Member
1-Digitech Hardwire Stereo Chorus
2-Visual Sounds H2O (Early version...NOT the new one)
3-MXR Black Label chorus

ShaneV

The dano CC-1 is a great chorus. If you tried it and like it, use it, as it can't be beat for the price. The Hardwire chorus can also be very subtle as it also has a mix level.

I have both.

:agree both great recommendations at very reasonable prices.

jackbart1960

I'll second the Hardwire. I had one for a little while. A swapped for this and ended up with that kinda thing is the only reason I still don't have it. If I remember right it has like 4~5 voicings and a smooth non-digi sound. Definately liked it. It's one of stomp boxes that stood out as a good buy when I was pissing through a pant load to find the "one". Peace. J.J.B.

s360guitarist

Silver Supporting Member
There is a new EHX Neo Clone coming out, but you may have to dial it back to keep it subtle...

GuitarFan

I currently have an old Boss CH-1 that I use as VERY subtle settings for clean and even some distorted work, depending on the need. It allows you to adjust the mix of the Chorus, so I can use it to put a lushness into the sound without it being "in your face". You can get these under $100 new, and used for much lower. Not the hottest, fanciest thing on the market, but allows for subtlety and more control over the sound than most chorus pedals allow. Plus it won't break the bank.

echo unit

The Fulltone Choralflange is exactly what you are looking for.

It's the only chorus I have ever used that doesn't produce that cheesy 80's sound as soon as you turn it on.

ROKY

My pick is the Ibanez SC10 .

If you turn the rate knob to zero there is almost no wave movement, and you can
then use the width and D[elay]- time knobs to get some great spatial effects
depending on where you set them .

Also has an inverted output jack that changes the phase and sounds AMAZING
thru two amps(you can also use the inverted out jack as an alternative).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom