Looking for a velcro fuzz (sample included)

Zillie

Hi guys,
I love fuzz tone on the Boo Radleys' song "Skyscraper" (starts at 3:03)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNP9lhzvt0

What fuzz pedal would get me that filthy and synthy sound of that solo? I know that Fuzz Factory I used to have would get me very close to that but it was kinda too complicated for me so is there any other (if possible not-so-many-knobs) solution?

Thanks
Martin

Jet Age Eric

MAN, I love this song (and album).

The fuzzy rhythm parts sound like a Russian Muff to me. The solo at the end could be a Tone Bender. SolidgoldFX Rosie is a three-knobber, and the bias knob at about 4:00 could get you the first part of the solo; the bias knob at about 9:00 could get you the second part (velcro-y), and you could cop the rhythm parts by dialing the fuzz back and putting the bias at about noon. -E

Zillie

thank you, i've just checked some Rosie demos and I really like it (I've got a Solid Gold Superdrive which I love)... however, i'm not sure if it's capable of the extreme sound as in Skyscraper solo- it's also quite raspy but not much hairy and I don't really hear much of that synthiness (there could be other factors than the pedal, of course) but it definitely could be in a Tonebender vein...

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Basic Audio Zippy or Mutant play in that arena.
---
Edit: the above was based on listening on my phone's little speaker, now that I've listened on a real speaker, I think that this is something in the muff family. I don't think that the exact fuzz is as important to this sound as the EQ and verb/delay.

Last edited:

Trending Topics