Looking for a Whooshing, Hissy, Noisey Fuzz !!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TEMAS, Feb 16, 2008.

1. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

Hey all,

I'm looking for that sound where you turn it on and you get a massive wall of sustained compacted fuzz on strummed chords. But NOT gritty or grainy or sputtery. Something really smooth; more like a hiss or a whoosh or a white noise. Something where it almost doesn't matter how hard you strum or what chords you play, the noise is constant.

A gate would be useful to make it go chugga-chugga-chugg, and a mid cut would also be handy, but its the noise I'm after. I'm sure I've heard it from a Boss pedal, but I can't remember which one and I'd prefer something unusual and boutiquey.

Anyone got any ideas !!!?

Cheers.

2. Panacea

Panacea Member

3. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

mmm..... I don't know if it's quite hissy enough - maybe it is; I haven't tried one personally. I was think along the lines of the Effector 13 - Synth Mangler.

4. thesteve

thesteve Member

This made me thing of the Danelectro Fab Tone...serious "wall of sound" machine...though it might be a bit too grainy. It does have "hissy" and "noisy" nailed though, IMO.

5. auratnik

auratnik Member

Go to DEVIEVER.com for fuzz medicine!

6. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

Yep. I'm sure one of Devi's will float your boat. Most of the sound clips samples are direct...so they'll mellow down a little through your amp. I've got a bit and an us on order right now.