Looking for an LP or something similar...

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I've got a nice tax refund check coming and I think it's time to replace the Carvin TL60 that was stolen out of my car 6-7 months ago. I've got a Carvin Bolt that I love to death, but I don't have anything that can cover that thick humbucker sound. I'm thinking this time around I would like to get something somewhat Les Paulish. Thus far I'm looking at Epiphone Elitists, Heritage LPs, and maybe some Hamers, plus anything else that you all think are worth looking at. I've got a price range of $900. Any thoughts or knowledge of where I could get some good deals?

Janglin_Jack

You are on the right track with the Epiphone Elitist or the Heritage guitars. I would also look into the Ibanez AR-50 from the '80's.

Jack

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
This topic has probably been killed on here. Not your fault, but after playing Les Pauls for a long time...I'd go with a LP Studio in your price range. I've had one for a number of years and it sounds every bit as good as my other LP's.
It will also hold it's value should you decide to upgrade down the road.

EdMan57

Maybe consider a USA built Washburn WI70 Pilsen Idol.I paid $995.00 [hsc included] for mine and it feels of higher quality and plays easier than the several Les Paul Studios that I was seriously considering.The tone is fat and full,with superb string to string definition...just like any good Les Paul type guitar should sound.

Ed

Thwap

Likely Baked
Platinum Supporting Member
This topic has probably been killed on here. Not your fault, but after playing Les Pauls for a long time...I'd go with a LP Studio in your price range. I've had one for a number of years and it sounds every bit as good as my other LP's.
It will also hold it's value should you decide to upgrade down the road.

Good advice. I've always played higher end Gibsons, but I played a studio yesterday, and it was a VERY NICE guitar. I'd have no problem owning one at all.

Maybe a pickup upgrade, and you'd have a rock animal.;)

mrfjones

this may be going below your limit but what about the prs Se models, they played pretty well to me and with the extra money you can swap out the pickups for a lp flavor that you would enjoy.

rcl

I picked up a pilsen for $799/gig bag. Nice guitar. I was thinking about a BFG but I'm glad I didn't. The neck tenon on the PI70 is longer than the gibson long neck tenon(I have a slash sig), the neck joint is cut away and accessibile. Tone pros and duncans out of the gate arent bad either. I threw in a spare RS kit I had, and might replace the duncans with a Darkburst set, but stock, this is a great guitar. Mine is a trans red finish, which I prefer to the solid color finishes. I must have last years model. Sweet axe, plays great, great workmanship.

rooster

FWIW, I've got 2 Heritage H150's. I love 'em both, but to be honest, they sound COMPLETELY different than each other. There are some great deals on Heritage guitars used out there, but you want to make sure that you get the one with the sound you like.

HTH.

rooster.

el greco

Forget the Epiphones. Check out the Hamer XT series Sunburst models. The SATQ which I have is a wonderful solid body.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom