Looking for an Overdrive that can really clean up.

rhcp_schipper

Hello Everybody,

I'm looking for an Overdrive pedal that also can clean up your sound by using the volume control of your guitar.

The only one I know by know is the Fulltone OCD, but are their more Od that have this feature?

Greetings Tim

Franklin

Gold Supporting Member
Here is an option, a GE fuzz face. I have an Analongman Sunface, which is a Fuzzface. If you turn down the fuzz to be in OD territory in stead of fuzz it will clean up completely with the vol knob. I run it at full fuzz and it still cleans up really well with the vol knob.

FloridaSam

Timmy, Zendrive, OCD are ones I have owned that cleaned up very well with the volume knob, even picking dyamics.

Dave

The Box Of Rock excels at this.
+1 The BoR is the most dynamic OD/distortion pedal I've ever heard. It might not be the sound you're looking for, but it is super touch sensitive.

The Skreddy Screw Driver is another that comes to mind.

Franklin

Gold Supporting Member
Funny, I've only had one overdrive clean up "really well". I don't think my Zendrive cleans up all that well.

Andre357

The Lovepedal COT 50 does this better than any pedal I've ever encountered.

Cleans up better than an OCD for sure ( I own both ).

Strat58

HI I have a real tube I use only for those clean parts like Blues Jean Blues and turn the volume up for gritty leads (sometimes together with a Hartman treble booster).
Peace Strat58

Dandy13

imo germanium pedals work best with the volume knob. look into ge fuzz face type pedals or things like skreddy screwdriver, carb, telenordia ta100 etc.

Sol

Of all the overdrives Ive had the 'Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive'cleans up by far the best, far better than the Zendrive, or the Hotcake Bluesberry I have.
The ability to clean up from the volume on the guitar was one of the design perameters that Jon built in to the 'Blackstone' and he really nailed it, well worth a look at IMO

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
BJF Honey Bee.

I don't even have to roll the volume down usually because its so sensitive to picking dynamics. and thats a beautiful thing.

Jumblefingers

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on Blackstone....very amp like, cleans up amazingly well from the guitar.

Of all the overdrives Ive had the 'Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive'cleans up by far the best, far better than the Zendrive, or the Hotcake Bluesberry I have.
The ability to clean up from the volume on the guitar was one of the design perameters that Jon built in to the 'Blackstone' and he really nailed it, well worth a look at IMO

fredgarvin

MI Audio Blues Pro. I use it all the time unless I want Marshall tone. Twist of the knob to get clean or crunch.

NB_Terry

I agree completely.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
An On & Off Switch works for me ..

Unless I still want some grit to remain in my sound,
have never experienced a pedal that can clean up enough
for what I hear in my head ...

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have much use for a perfectly clean sound, but I actually get a cleaner sound out of a Ge fuzzface turned down than I do with it switched off and just the amp by itself. Turning down a fuzzface makes it super clean and slightly brighter the farther you turn it. Can't beat a Ge fuzzface for cleaning up with the guitar. Ge Treble Boosters clean up real well as well. Fuzzes with more than two transistors don't clean up very well in my experience, but I have hardly played them all.

I'll also second the Blackstone.

Trending Topics