• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Looking for Band in a Box (backing tracks) software or device

agradywills

Good morning everybody.

I'm at my wits end trying out bassists and drummers for a project I started a while back. The core group includes me (lead/rhythm guitar and backup vocals (some lead) and another very competent guitarist and singer. All we need is a bassist and drummer to fill the void. I am thinking about turning to backing tracks to play live shows. I am not extremely software knowledgeable so I need something fairly intuitive. I'm looking for some advice to get this show on the road without an actual drummer and bassist. What info do you have for quality backing tracks to round out this band?

AW

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
If you are set on using backing tracks check out Abelton live. I've seen lots of people using it. It has extensive midi control so you could trigger everything via a keyboard or foot controller.

outlawten5

There are websites that sell backing tracks as well. Some are kinda cheesey sounding and some not bad.

outlawten5

guitarbackingtracks.com is one I found in a quick google search. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I sampled a few of them and they sound pretty good. And it's free to download them as mp3's

tjontheroad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
BAIB is pretty much the standard accompanying software. The 2015 version is seriously real sounding. Pretty easy to learn and use. It has some of best sounding and easiest to arrange drum tracks out there. The bass tracks are also pretty good. Really depends on your style of music as to how much it's worth to you. Some styles are better than others.

There's a massive user base for BAIB. You can find almost any popular song pre-made backing tracks for download.

https://www.pgmusic.com

bigEbeer

Silver Supporting Member
How do you plan on using the backing tracks should've been a questio how do you plan on using the backing tracks should've been a question? Are you going to make your own? Or buy? What style of music? Do you want to be able to trigger different sections or just have the same exact performance every night?

Totally Bored

Guitarbackingtrack.com is what I use. You have to sort thru them. Some are great and some not so. I also use a Beatbuddy Pedal. I do solo gigs with these. Lately I've been giving with a Bass Player and with the Beatbuddy, we sound pretty decent. Never sound as good as with a drummer but it gets you gigging and the money divides better.

Steve Hotra

Gold Supporting Member
BAIB is pretty much the standard accompanying software. The 2015 version is seriously real sounding. Pretty easy to learn and use. It has some of best sounding and easiest to arrange drum tracks out there. The bass tracks are also pretty good. Really depends on your style of music as to how much it's worth to you. Some styles are better than others.

There's a massive user base for BAIB. You can find almost any popular song pre-made backing tracks for download.

https://www.pgmusic.com
One of my friends is using this too.
Would you recommend PC or Mac?
I have a Macbook Pro now.

Timathie

Just at the most basic level Band in a Box is just amazing. Be careful though, Band in a Box will suck your life away if you let it. Hahahah You can do some really amazing stuff with it once you start to dig deeper into what it can do.

Trending Topics