Looking for beefy aluminum strap buttons

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
Currently looking for some aluminum strap buttons for a themed build. All I can find so far is Gibson style buttons, but would prefer something more substantial if possible. Ideally something like thes Planet Waves buttons:

8.jpg

Any insight?

hoffmanj

Gold Supporting Member
Check with www.armadilloguitar.com. They do things like aluminum guitar knobs and seem happy to make custom parts. I bought some knobs from them and had a good experience, but no other affiliation.

How big are you looking for? I have several different sizes, right up to 30mm, I'll post links to them when I get back from my kilt fitting and hospital appointment, so that you can see the different sizes and the difference between the sizes side by side.

I completely forget about this, let me know if you would like me to posta picture with all the different sizes of strap buttons I have - up to 30mm in diameter, and also links to where I got them from, and I'll get it done as soon as possible, I probably won't be able to get it done before the 3rd.

Thanks for all the responses, gentlemen. Digging through the options now.

sixstringfuel

Hotdogs kill
Gold Supporting Member
I completely forget about this, let me know if you would like me to posta picture with all the different sizes of strap buttons I have - up to 30mm in diameter, and also links to where I got them from, and I'll get it done as soon as possible, I probably won't be able to get it done before the 3rd.
Yeah sure!

I am interested in seeing your strap buttons for my line of Ollandoc guitars.
Languedoc21.jpg
5LanguedocGuitarResized.jpg

Here are the 'over sized' strap buttons that I was talking about, they are a hair under 30mm in diuameter, and availkable in two different styles:

The 'over sized' strap buttons are the two to the left of the Gibson SG strap button which has the screw in the center of it as it is screwed to the guitar, the two strap buttons on the right of the Gibson SG strap button are standard sized strap buttons, like the kind you would find on a Fender, as you can see there is quite a big difference in size:

Strap%20Buttons%201_zpsikdxd5lt.jpg

And here is a photo of the different strap buttons from the side, as you can see there are two different styles of so called 'over sized' strap bvuttons, the chrome plated one is a different design from the gold plated one, again you can see that there is quite a big difference in size between the 'over sized' strap buttons and the standard sized strap buttonslike you would find on a Fender:

Strap%20Buttons%202_zps9rbznlid.jpg

The difference in size between the 'over sized' strap buttons and the standard sized strap buttons is quit significant, the 'over sized' ones are almost double the sized of the standard sized ones, in both the designs that I have.

@rmolsonguitars if you are interested we can work something out where I'll send you a couple of sets of each style that I have in both finishes in exchange for one of your nice guitars, just let me know, I'll happily cover the 20% import taxon my end, and the cost of shipping the strap buttons to you.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom