• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Looking for constructive criticism on a mix

sears

I think the overall balance is good, maybe guitar is a touch too loud. You need to experiment with the compressor settings some more, maybe back off on the attack and release both. I'd consider adding a shaker or maracas to the arrangement. Cool song.

pianoman181

Yep, same deal here. Back the guitars down a bit. The drums are definitely lacking in the "punch" department. Especially the kick. Compression will help.

Very high quality sounding tracking, though. Nicee.

SideBMusic

Compression always helps. Put one on the master bus x1.5 to 2 and boost the makeup volume a bit
This was going to be my suggestion if you are looking for punch. Overall, the mix is good. I like that you didn't overpower the vocals with the instruments, something I often hear in this style of music.

krbentley

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I have been working with compression and adding a shaker into the mix.

Trending Topics