Looking for deeper lows in my Tele

Discussion in 'Pickups, Speakers, etc. Demo Videos & Soundclips' started by Winklin, May 29, 2015.

1. Winklin

Winklin Member

Fender 50s Classic (ash body, maple neck, med-light weight), presently loaded with Fender CS Nocasters.
    Looking for a bolder low end in all positions.
    Any pickup suggestions helpful!

2. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

3. Winklin

Winklin Member

I often play thru what's provided, amp-wise.

4. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

A a modern style pickup might do you well, hard to get more lows without more windings. I'm a fan of Dimarzio Area-T pickups.. no noise and sounds like a meaty Tele... I don't find myself having to roll the tone control back to make the bridge pickup tolerable... and I'm so not a fan of noise gates so it's easier to rock out.

5. Polvo

Polvo Supporting Member

Bardens, big crisp sound with great low end clarity and chimey highs. They suite any style you throw at them.

6. Pedro58

Pedro58 Supporting Member

Are you wanting a solution in a pickup change or an amp change. And "bolder" implies clean and tight low end. To me, that means a speaker change. I'd need to know the amp for that, but EV and JBL flavored speakers give bigger cleans...

The Nocaster pickups are capable of plenty of low end. Do you want compressed low end, rounded, smooth; or something crisp? Your pickup height could help with this. Closer to the strings will compress more. Farther from the strings, it will clean up and get more responsive to pick attack. You loose volume, but I would just turn up the amp at that point.

7. Seegs

Seegs Member

A clean boost or Klon type pedal will add lows...

E.g. A Keeley modded Boss Blues Driver with a Fat mod will do just that...you can leave it on all the time...