1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Hygrometers- HELP

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dontstop611, Sep 26, 2008.

1. dontstop611

dontstop611 Member

Last night my hygrometer said 68%. I examined my Taylor, and the front and back had swollen like the pics you see on the internet with the caption- don't let your guitar do this! :eek:

I checked out my Collings acoustic, (which I keep in the case with it's own hygrometer) it was fine. My heart rate returned to normal. I moved them both to my basement (60% believe it or not) and tuned up my dehumidifier as high as it would go. This morning my Taylor was fine. Thank God. :drink

I'm going to buy small hygrometers for my hollow and solid body electric guitars, but I'm having trouble finding small ACCURATE hygrometers.

I'm looking for a small hygrometer to fit in my guitar case. It seems most are +/- 5% of so. This seems a little inaccurate to me. Can anyone recommend a hygrometer? (Radio Shack doesn't have anything) What is the most accurate hygrometer you've found? How often have re-calibrated your hygrometer? What else do you know about hygrometer?

2. russ

russ Supporting Member

Wow!
    Where do you live?
    I have the opposite problem here in Colorado.

3. geetarman

geetarman Supporting Member

I use Oregon Scientific Hygrometers and they work great. I have three satellites that I place in each of my acoustic guitar cases and I keep the base unit on my desk so that I can check the RH% and Temp. anytime I want without opening the case.

4. dontstop611

dontstop611 Member

5. weeladdie

weeladdie Member

6. go7

go7 Member

Planet waves makes a small accurate one.