Looking for "likes" on youtube - McCartney contest!

SGNick

The Paul McCartney website announced that they were hosting a competition. Upload a cover of Maybe I'm Amazed to youtube, and the one with the most "likes" will win a prize. The prize is just a few remastered albums, but I wanted to play along anyways!

Anyhow, here's the submission I recorded/edited yesterday. I was hoping to be the only submission with a ukulele instead of a piano (they're about the same right?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KgPdvndLc

I appreciate anyone checking it out/sharing, and if you'd just click on the little thumbs up on that page, I'd be grateful! Be sure to check the quality of the video, you can go up to 720p.

Thanks all!

Kooshball

done!
good job..no way i'd have to the time or patience for something like that.

i like the ukulele in there though.

DTuned

That's great, nice job!

I thought you struck just the right balance between following the original and adding your own little twist.

I always loved that guitar solo; it's about as perfect a solo as there is.

SGNick

It's my considered opinion that that guitar solo is as close to perfect as you can get! I chose to do it note for note for that reason! (tried too anyhow!)

SGNick

Nice, great job! We didn't get to see the drummer, though...
Yes! The drummer was me though! I have a really tough time with drums, I did like 10 takes at least, and I though resetting the camera all the time would be too much of a hassle... Besides, the drum take I ended up using was a rehearsal take... hahaha!

Trending Topics