Looking for mixing-mastering shop/engineer

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by digband, Apr 20, 2016.

1. digband

digband Member

Hi TGP'ers - we've been looking for a mixing-mastering shop for awhile, and I realized TGP is a great place to network that I haven't used yet. You can hear our music at https://soundcloud.com/digband-1

Our primary goal is to find someone who has worked in this genre and has at least some level of interest in our music. Bands we've been compare to include AIC, STP, APC, tool, Porcupine Tree, Soundgarden. We have around 7-10 songs we want to release in phases this year to iTunes and all the major outlets and need a pro sound.

If you're an engineer and have interest, or you know anyone who might, please reply or PM me. Please include a link where we can read about you/your shop and/or hear some of your work. Thanks!

jjboogie likes this.
  2. loudboy

loudboy Member

Are you tracking this yourselves?

If so, do the tracks sound pro enough to release, if mixed by a pro?

3. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

Slightly off topic, but any particular reason you're looking to release in phases? With 7-10 songs I'd either split into two EPs or just go LP. You can use Bandcamp or distribute to all the major outlets via something like Distrokid. Just my $.02.

4. digband

digband Member

Thanks for your feedback - good advice. Whether 2 EP's, or a few songs at a time, or the whole album at once, not sure - still crafting the marketing strategy. I will have to look into Distrokid, don't know about that - much thanks, and cheers.

5. vashuba

vashuba Supporting Member

6. digband

digband Member

Seems like a cool spot to find music... is there something there about mixing-mastering services that I should be looking for?

Yes we tracked it ourselves. I do think it sounds pro enough to release with the right mixing-mastering - please visit the page and let me know if you think so, too. Thanks.

7. 335guy

335guy Member

I have zero knowledge and experience with this type of music, but FWIW, I think it sounds very good. Keep hunting for the right guy. Your stuff is GOOD!

8. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

So I listened, drums are programmed or replaced? Also you looking for edits as well or straight up mix.

9. digband

digband Member

Thanks for listening and the compliment!

Thanks for your reply. We have a drummer who plays to a click via Roland TD9 that we pump through a drum program for real drum sounds. Some of the songs still have programmed drums, but only because the drummer hasn't got to writing/recording his parts for these yet. The songs that are ready for mixing/mastering are the live drummer. I don't think we need editing because I do a lot of that myself - all tracks will be exported to full song length so they can be slid into zero time in any DAW for mixing.

10. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

When you ready send me tracks for like a minute and I'll mix you a sample

11. vashuba

vashuba Supporting Member

Not directly, but I would search your favorite albums, see who mixing/mastered them. Then try to contacting them.

12. AndyZ

AndyZ Member

13. funkycam

funkycam Member

14. MrTAteMyBalls

MrTAteMyBalls Member

You guys are really good man. Post back when the album is done so I can buy a copy.

15. jjboogie

jjboogie Member

I am a professional mix engineer and have mixed for a Grammy winning band. I'd be glad to mix for you guys. This is what I do when not on the road as a touring musician.