• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Looking for Overdrive/Distortion "Tube" sounding pedal

major

After being here with all the great posts from amps to pedalboards, I decided to expand my array of pedals so here is what I have in overdrive-distortion pedal. The Blackstar HT Dual. I really love this pedal from mild distortion to over the top high gain. It operates with 1 12xa7 tube. Now I would like a move in a different direction, somewhat. I would like to buy another "tube" pedal giving me a softer, creamier overdrive, that can sustain at moderate volume, one that has more than just a "Tone" control. That is what I'm searching for, if you have it give me and everyone else a short review and price range. Thanks in advance.

shaggs

jeckyll and hyde, it s a tube screamer clone on one side and a distortion marshall in abox clone on the other. ts side has drive, tone, volume control, the dist. side has drive, tone, eg, and volume.

used around $120, new around $170

i had one for a while and really like it, but never used the dist. side, i dont use any distortions so i sold it

ibzmav

since you're looking for an 'overdrive/dist' pedal.

softer, creamier overdrive, that can sustain at moderate volume, one that has more than just a "Tone" control.
I suggest you try Barber Direct Drive.

The Scrutinizer

Well, if you absolutely detest David Gilmour's or Eric Johnson's tone, stay away from the Tube Driver !

I own the Barber DD, and i love it - Great suggestion

I still think it compresses a bit for my tastes, but good tone, and very tweakable

Logan Coats

The overdrive side of my fd2 sounds like you described. It only has a tone control tho. however there are three switchable modes for the tone and an extra gain boost function

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
since you're looking for an 'overdrive/dist' pedal.

I suggest you try Barber Direct Drive.
or better yet the for $20 more the Barber Custom Super Sport, its a Direct Drive with more control ..very tweakable !

Shiny McShine

I happened to back up my looper directly to my iMac and I had been running the Zen 2 with the gain at about 9:00. It was surprisingly amp sounding, almost enough to work with direct and be satisfied. Of course, it actually has a little tube in it so that's likely why it sounds pretty close.

Trending Topics