Looking for Pick-up Recommendations (LP)

wamba

Hi guys,

I'm not looking for a "best" type response here. I'm looking for good quality sound clips/video examples and/or real world experience.

I recently purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Pro Plustop. I love the way it plays and the way it looks. It even sounds decent... However, I would like to replace the pick-ups and get a little extra magic in the sound.

I play mostly English/Texas blues, southern rock and a little hot country. I'm running an Egnater Tweaker 15, stock head and cabinet.

I have a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (being a huge Gibbons fan) in my MIM Strat and love it.

So, do I just get a set of Pearly Gates for the LP or is there something else I should consider? Oh, I'd also like to stay in the price range of the Pearly gates.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

omfg51

If you really wanted to spend a little more but still have affordability, you could go with one of the Seymour Duncan Antiquities sets. Otherwise, I think you'll be happy with the Pearly Gates set.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
This has been discussed a lot. A LOT. You'll probably find all kinds of useful information if you search for Les Paul Pickups in the thread title.

Trending Topics