Looking for Rock + Pop + Electronic elements + GOOD SONGS

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone have some great examples of bands/tracks I could listen to? I think this is the direction I'm looking to move towards but I need ideas and inspiration to take the older straight ahead guitar based rock format I grew up with forward with some EDM elements (samping, synths) that still retain high quality SONGS with HOOKS and to make it popular.
I've heard some really cool local stuff, but the songs and song structure are weak. The song sound cool and is bolstered by neat breaks, high quality samples/synths with hard guitars but IMHO that is sometimes smoke and mirrors hiding a weak or non existing song structure/melody/hook.

I guess Paramore is an example of the direction I can see heading, but maybe more electronic/sequenced/atmospheric content?

loudboy

Garbage would be the correct answer.

Criminally underrated band.

Great songs, tons of hooks and balls-out production.

And Shirley. <g>

Eezz

Rock + Pop + Electronic elements + Good songs = Mutemath!

Check these songs out:

And a more mellow one with cool ambient sounds:

Their first album is still my favorite one, their second is also very cool.

greeny

Check out LCD Soundsystem (especially their eponymous debut). This is pretty much exactly what you are looking for.

JRC4558Dude

Sleigh Bells.

Not so much in the way of EDM elements, but they brilliantly fuse heavy guitar rock with pop vocals and killer hooks.

Chrome Dinette

Check out Trans Am. There are many clips on youtube. Maybe search for tuts songs I Want It All or Play In The Summer.

Serious Poo