Looking for "shoegaze in a pedal"

wildshoetwt

Something that can do the cleaner dreampop/shoegaze tones as well as the wall of sound type ones is what I'm after.

seiko

You can do the Keeley Loomer, but there are other alternatives.

One cheap-ish option is an RV7 into a Nano Big Muff.

I've also found there are a wealth of shoegazish sounds that aren't necessarily 90s retro in this setup.

Catalinbread Anticthon into an Echorec. That would be my choice of a starting point these days.

I used a Pigtronix Aria into a Bell Epoch into a Black Cat Mini Term into a EHX Bad Stone for the main riff here. Going for sightly unconventional pedal orders might be all you need to do.

https://backtomonsoon1.bandcamp.com/track/feels

lendryesky

Nice. How does it play?
Haven't received it yet. I asked them to hold on shipping it to a more convenient time for me to receive it (ie: work from home). I'm not a NGD thread type of person, but if I remember, I'll get back to you.

Oh boy...

Boss DD-3 into a dirt pedal, but not a muff fuzz. Rat works well with this setup. A reverb will work too.

Analog delay with soupy, dark repeats. Tap tempo is a plus, but few analog units have that functionality.

Reverse delay, low mix, dry-kill off, into a reverb.

ProCo Rat. Dime the gain knob, filter to taste. It cleans up with guitar vol., takes boosts and ODs before it like a champ, and will go from jangly to fuzz-ish.

Depending upon the sort of "Shoegaze" sound you're going for, it may not be as effects-heavy as you think.

Kevin Shields created most of his sounds with compression, EQ, vibrato arm, and alternate tunings. Yes, there were distorted amps but those weren't really the hallmark. Other groups played cleaner than you might think, and then use multiple tracks on the album to create the layered "wall of sound".

eSS eSS

noisemaker-effects-loveless-fuzz-verb.jpg
Noisemaker Effects Loveless Fuzz/Reverb-Delay

Trending Topics

Top Bottom