• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Looking for some dorm room headphones

bronco1891

i know that having monitors is better, but im in a dorm room, so having headphones is best.
i have some AKG k99s, but theyre falling apart and i don't really like them that much. i want some good, flat EQ, studio headphones. but i don't know what to get. I'll be using these to record some guitars, and other MIDI things. i do not want to spend more than about $150
so TGP, what headphones do you recommend?
thanks in advance

straticus

Senn 280's are very nice. Nit sure how flat they are though. Great for tracking with excellent isolation.

teleguido

+1 for the Senn HD 280s. You can certainly do better, but I really enjoy mine. Seem to have a very flat response too.

re-animator

i really like my AKGs... they are k270s though. discontinued and probably fall in the "recent vintage" category now. but they are a standard for a reason... great studio monitoring headphones and not bad for casual listening if you use an EQ. They're too flat and bass-accurate for pleasure-listening without EQ though. that's why they're great for monitoring i guess.

M

Member 995

I don't like the Senn 280s - they make my ears hot, which gets uncomfortable. I like the Beyer 770s a lot - very comfortable and they sound good. I got mine new on eBay for about $160. Prices seem higher now, but you could try a 'best offer' auction/ad and see what they'll sell them for.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
Others may scoff, but I like the Yamaha RH5MA. When I mixed with them, my mixes sounded true on other sources to what I was hearing in the headphones. Plus, they're only $45.

Jack Gilvey

The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 are killer top-to-bottom. Real, meaty bass you can almost feel and great transparency through the mids and highs. Got mine under $100 shipped on the 'bay.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom