Looking for some IMHO on Leslie effects....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Isaiah4Autumn, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

Ok....so I have been debating for quite for quite some time on what pedal to get to achieve a nice sounding leslie effect and I was wondering what you IMHO would suggest/what you use/and why? I was thinking the Deja-Vibe by fulltone was good but just give me your thoughts. I tried the RT-20 but I didn't really like the sound or controls. Thanks the for help

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

in my opinion The RT20 is the best leslie sim i've tried. I also used to own a Arion SCH-1 that was great. Just not what I needed.

Now a dejavibe is not a leslie sim. It's a univibe copy.. it will not give you a leslie tone it will give you a univibe tone. I would recomend trying the arion which you can get for about a hundred bucks either that or the analogman chorus (either model) . If you want robin trower or Hendrix tones (univibe) then buy a deja.. or one of the other great vibe pedals!

3. krisharmony

krisharmony Supporting Member

Yeah watch out for the differences in Vibrato (pitchshifting leslie sound) and Vibe (which is typically the UniVibe clones). The Option 5 Destination Rotation seems to be the best solution for the former, small and killer tones.

4. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Honestly , no matter what the builders call it , I'm convinced the leslie tone and vibrato sound nothin alike, In My own opinion a Leslie shouldn't be throwing out notes that are "to" out of tune... some pitch modulation but not enough even to notice, listen to clapton, or warren haynes.

This was posted in a leslie thread a while back.. sounds like it should http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n4s4hW-oGZ0...

to be more descriptive i think a good leslie tone , one that i prefer, whether or not it sounds like the old ones or not. Should be a mix of a light chorus/phase with a touch of trem with the depth set low. I'm not a fan of the fender vibratone... sounds to thin.

5. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

yeah sorry about that I mixed them up like a nub....Yeah really what im going for is some nice color to my delays whether it will be the leslie or the univibe I like both....I'm just running out of room on my board (*sigh*) for pedals so I'm trying to decide which effect I like more....