Looking for some warm weather get away suggestions

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mtmartin71, Jan 16, 2015.

1. mtmartin71

mtmartin71 Silver Supporting Member

My brother and I are looking for a place to hit for a long 3 day weekend in late February that's warm and fairly easy to get to. He's in St Louis and I'm in Denver. We're in our early/mid 40s. We were looking to do something around a concert but I'm not seeing anybody in a location we'd want to go on that weekend. So, it would have to be set up on some place that's got great restaurants or night life...or maybe sight-seeing too.

Key West, Miami, and Austin were some spots were thinking of. Maybe Charlotte. I'd want to hit some place that was less 3-4 hours tops on a flight.

2. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Plenty to do in the St Pete/Tampa/Clearwater area. It's a relatively chilly 68 right now, but it should warm up by February.

3. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

New Orleans is not what it used to be, but there's some new energy there and February is the best weather of the whole year, I think.

Nothing going on in Charlotte. Asheville would be a better idea, but February is not the right time of year.

How about Charleston or Savannah? Won't be hot, but you will get the jump on the tourists.

4. sleewell

sleewell Member

5. RedneckDerek

RedneckDerek Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

Those darn polar vortexes might screw up wherever you go.

That being said, I also vote San Diego.

7. mtmartin71

Yep...I love San Diego too. My brother lived there and I know the area. I've never hit the spots in the east or South so that's where I was leaning to begin with. On New Orleans, we'd like to do that but would the 20th through the 23rd be right in the middle of Mardi Gras? I'm not really into the big crowds. Thanks for all the suggestions so far

8. koa

koa Member

How about Cuba?

9. pjs ire

pjs ire Member

Three days- Vegas. You can rent a car and take side trips to very cool places. You can rent rock crawlers to explore the desert, see shows, bands, or even people watch on the strip. No problem getting in and out of Vegas- flights all day and night to anywhere in the world you want to go. Speaking of Cuba- that is on my list for fly fishing destinations. PRR

10. mtmartin71

Well...we were thinking Charleston. Never been to the south (or at least the "real" south) and heard it's a cool place with some history which we both like to take in. But, it's $500 (for me...$330 for him with a stop too) and no direct flight. Plus the weather could be iffy. So $500 round trip and 6-8 hours each way of travel with layovers and connections...worth it for that time of year? Seems like we could do better for warm weather at that price.

11. jorlevis

jorlevis Member

Santa Cruz and a drive down high way one to san francisco.