Looking for strap suggestions for my new R8.

Evan_R

Silver Supporting Member
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2013 R8 and it's amazing. It's so nice that I think I'd like to get a really nice strap for it. All my other guitars have souldier straps and I love them, but they're not what I have in mind for this one. Anyone have any suggestions? Below is a link to a guitar that looks very similar to mine, I haven't gotten around to uploading my own pics yet but plan to soon. And if you have a similar LP could you show me the strap you have? I appreciate all the help and thank you in advance!

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/19359/Gibson-Custom-Shop-58-Les-Paul-Gloss-Electric-Guitar-Sunrise-Teaburst/

I recommend Bear Straps guitar straps. Rupert is insanely service oriented and asks questions about the most minute detail in ordering a strap made for you!

sarge40

I have two 4" straps from Italia Leather Straps. They have a 2 for 1 sale fairly often from what I read before I ordered. I took advantage of the sale and picked up the two. Very nice straps. The leather is soft. Not nearly as stiff as my other straps when purchased off the shelf. The 4" width distributes the weight of my heavier guitars nicely.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
I highly recommend Brookwood Leather. I have two that I had custom made, one for my R8.

I've come to appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship that Bob ( a TGP member) puts into each strap that will last a lifetime.

John Coloccia

Cold Supporting Member
Heavens...if Bob from Brookwood can't make you happy, no one can make you happy. Real class act, and world class products.

Evan_R

Silver Supporting Member
Those Broockwoods are amazing! Just what I had in mind.

Last edited:

Clean Channel

Another enthusiastic vote for Bob at Brookwood Leather.

I purchased a few things from him last year, including a custom strap. Every item was impeccable, and his customer service is second to none.

I imagine I'll never need to buy another strap again, as my Brookwood is gorgeous, functional, and built to last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Tim Plains

Italia Leather. Great product and price. Get on their mailing list and wait for a 2 for 1 deal and/or free shipping. I also bought a Moody ($$) and it honestly feels very cheap compared to Italia.

No affiliation.

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
I highly recommend Brookwood Leather. I have two that I had custom made, one for my R8.

I've come to appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship that Bob ( a TGP member) puts into each strap that will last a lifetime.
My name is Evan (also) and I (also) recommend a personalized Brookwood leather strap.

Rich

Camel Top / Cream Leather-Backed Moody.

2.5" although the 4" may be preferable on heavier guitars.

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
Several have already mentioned it, but Brookwood is my go-to for almost all strap needs. Bob is an amazingly talented artist in leather and a real gentleman in the business. You absolutely can't go wrong with a Brookwood. The other company I've been pleased with - particularly for straps to go on aged or relic guitars - is Sully's straps. His vintage straps are made from actual vintage saddle reins and have tons of character.

Both of these guys are top shelf individuals who make phenomenal products and will work with you to make the strap you envision in your head a reality. Highest endorsement for both.

Trending Topics