Looking for suggestions for a jazz amp...anyboby familiar with DV Mark

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by gennation, Feb 22, 2015.

1. gennation

gennation Member

Looking for a light weight amp that can handle a (non-mic'ed) jazz combo gig.

Right now I'm using a Line 6 III 75w due to versatility across many styles of bands that I perform with. But for those no-rehearsal/walk in/realbook/jazz combo gigs it would be nice to have something light to carry when I can't drive right up to the venue to "load in" but instead need to walk a block or two from a parking ramp.

I ran into the DV Mark 45w 8" and 12" amps online but haven't tried one yet. So I was thinking of investigating.

I don't need any negative comments about the Line 6, I get it...I hear those from just about every sound tech and studio engineer when I walk into a gig and then I hear how great I have it programed when the gig is over. It's worked great for me for the last 7 years...but I want something a little less cumbersome to cover those combo gigs.

Does anyone have any opinions on DV Mark or other suggestions based on experience?

(BTW Mark DV should change their name. Every time you search "Mark DV" you get the Mesa Boogie Mark IV and related amps)

2. jazzguitar14

jazzguitar14 Supporting Member

I say Evans every time...

3. Kid Tele

Kid Tele Member

If you are playing an archtop, I strongly recommend a Henriksen Jazzamp 112 ER. I haven't tried my semi hollows or Teles through it yet, but I couldnt ask for more as far as my archtop is concerned.

4. gennation

gennation Member

Thanks for the replies. I haven't heard of either (I'm not much into gear) but I want something that sounds good and is light to carry.

5. mwhy

mwhy Supporting Member

Quilter Aviator 8 for a grab and go amp.

6. kmcmichael

kmcmichael Member

Allesandro makes one.

7. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member