Looking for the chords to Beatles Blackbird

archtopjazz

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Anyone have an accurate transcription you could post?

TIA

Simon Gee

Are you talking about the chords so you can strum along, or the actual style of playing as per the recording? its hard to describe it for me, but i do play it, and its not very hard.

x
0 - 1 - 3 (slide up to) 12
x 0 - 0 0
x
x - 0 - 2 (slide up to) 10

I don't really do tab either but does that help as the first phrase? I could prob do a youtube vid of the fingering from a players perspective.

meterman

easier than it sounds....sort of a Travis-picked thing based in G with lots of sliding around on the 5th and 2nd strings to make the changes...some great chord changes in it too, but again easier than it sounds if you're at all proficient at finger picking. Not much help I know but I've seen several print and video transcriptions of it...

MudPies

I learned it many years back when Guitar World or Guitar One (RIP) tabbed it out. It's actually a simple song to play once you learn the chord shapes. You might luck out and find a copy of the mag on Ebay.

blhm84

I learned it many years back when Guitar World or Guitar One (RIP) tabbed it out. It's actually a simple song to play once you learn the chord shapes. You might luck out and find a copy of the mag on Ebay.
I just found that issue and learned the tune from the magazine a few weeks ago...funny coincidence. I doubt I would have had the patience to learn that by ear unless a gig required it. It really is a lot eaiser once you learn the shapes, there's about 3 main patterns that comprise the whole song.

Trending Topics