Looking for upgrade from the Boss ME 50

rauchman

Greetings,

Currently have a Boss ME 50 that I run through a Peavey Classic 50 head, and would like something newer with the following specs...

Looper (I've never had one and want to experiment a bit with one....longer the better)
Easy to build presets with (something that's easy to navigate)
Can organize effects in any order I choose
Separate outs for an effects loop
Chain up to at least 6 effects
Expression pedal (left side preferred, but every option seems to have the expression pedal on the right side)
Under $500

Considering a Line6 POD HD500X, Boss GT 100 (although I can't tell if it has a looper), other?

Edited to add: Now including a GT1000. Is it worth it over the GT100 if I'm using the amp distortion?

Thanks!

Last edited:

scott58

I went with a POD HD500, but also Wampler Super-plextortion, Butler Tube Driver, EHX Triangle Big Muff Pi, H2O chorus echo, Wampler Ethereal and 10 band EQ. Love my pedal board.

rauchman

I went with a POD HD500, but also Wampler Super-plextortion, Butler Tube Driver, EHX Triangle Big Muff Pi, H2O chorus echo, Wampler Ethereal and 10 band EQ. Love my pedal board.
With the the additional OD pedals you have, is the on board OD/Dist of the HD500 not good?

Brian Gilmour

I played through a ME-50 9-10 years ago in my old church’s P&W band as it belonged to the church and kept our sound guy happy. I personally bought the newer ME-80 when it came out and found it a quite a improvement. I also had the POD HD500x shortly thereafter. The POD was definitely more customizable and had the fx loop for my dirt pedals but I just found the tone to be more artificial than the COSM ME-80, believe it or not. I know chain order can’t be swapped around but look into it. The GT-100 would get my second vote.

scott58

They aren't to bad now, but I started this with an XTLive and those weren't that great. Not pedal quality in my opinion. But they don't model everything and if there's a pedal you like go ahead and use it. Alot of variety in these things. Some stuff you'll like, some not so much.

Trending Topics