1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking into Wireless....X2 still king?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ibanez4life SZ!, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ibanez4life SZ!

ibanez4life SZ! Member

Hey guys!

So, joined a regularly gigging band, and I'd like to break off the wire...sharing small stages regularly with 4 other guys gets a little messy, especially with how much we run around stage.

So, is X2 still the one to go with?

Any difference between the rackmount and smaller unit? The rackmount would honestly work better for my needs, so I think that's what I'm going to go with, unless if you guy have had any quality complaints with them...

Appreciate it!

Eric

2. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

Still digging my X2 mightily. I have the smaller stompbox sized unit, pre-Line 6. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

3. drod2045

drod2045 Member

mine is still great. pre-line 6 i believe. the only issue you may have is when going from the board transmitter into a fuzz. I have a fuzz factory and that thing is SUPER sensitive to the buffered out from the reciever. When I had a 200lbs, that pedal was unaffected though

4. 155

155 Supporting Member

I just bought the little one and its freekin great, fits right on the board sounds perfect and no drop outs what else you need!

5. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

YES. ONLY wireless to buy IMO. Perfect. I DO recommend the Lava Cable upgrade from the guitar to the beltpack.

I LOVE the rackmount model.

6. Joses

Joses Member

I'm using an XDS-PLUS (pre line6 as well I believe)...it is the bomb. Wouldn't want another. Only thing I would ever consider changing is the transmitter (for one with a better battery life...but like that's every gonna happen!!)

7. ibanez4life SZ!

ibanez4life SZ! Member

Appreciate the input....keep it coming.

I'd like to hear about the rackmounted version aswell if someone has used it before.

Eric

8. Jignant

Jignant Member

I am trying to figure out the differences between the LAVA cables for the XDS. I need the 1/4 RA to 1/8 TRS but which one? Sorry for bringing back and ancient post... I could buy two of the Canares for the price of the Evidence Audio. Which one are people buying???