• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

looking the best sounding small amps out there

earthlydescent

here's the criteria:

-15watts and under
-beautiful cleans are a must
-under $1000USD
-must be new

i've been thinking about picking up a silverfaced vibrochamp from elderly's for 400, but i'm not sure. i jam at home mostly, and may play a small blues or classic rock gig here and there.

just need a bit of direction. if i'm being a bit vague, let me know.

Rick360

Howdy,

My "desert Island" amp is my '68 Vibro Champ, but obvioulsy compromises must be made with respect to clean tone: It's a 4 watt amp! With a Tele at low volume, it has some clean headroom, but it's forte' is higher volume raunch. Good luck.

Rick360

FFTT

Just heard a Bad Cat Hot Cat 15 R over at my amp tech's place.

Wonderful amp!!!

soopajeanmi

here's the criteria:

-15watts and under
-beautiful cleans are a must
-under $1000USD
-must be new

i've been thinking about picking up a silverfaced vibrochamp from elderly's for 400, but i'm not sure. i jam at home mostly, and may play a small blues or classic rock gig here and there.

just need a bit of direction. if i'm being a bit vague, let me know.
I was looking for an amp with the same criteria, plus i wanted reverb.

I ended with a Cornell Romany plus, that is just fantastic:
http://www.dc-developments.com/cornell_romany_plus_combo.htm

Hultas

^I've never tried that one out, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the world who could beat the cleans of that amp when it comes to that size. I have the Cornell Plexi Seven, and even though it's not meant for clean playing, it got beautiful cleans and is very touch sensitive.

MrFuzzTone

The Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue is nice.
That said, I do also own other amps to compare it to: Swart 6v6se, Dr. Z Maz 18, Vox AC15, Carr Rambler, ...

ptecat

A Gries 5 should be at or near the top of your list. Five watts with a 6V6 and eight watts with a 6L6. Voulme bass treble gain and master controls into a 12 inch Tonker Lite speaker.

Handwired with premium components. Only problem is that Dave Gries is not taking orders at this time so you may want to look on the emporium. There are other TGP members who own this amp.

www.griesamps.com

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
The Siegmund Midnight Special has great cleans and sounds terrific when pushed a bit.

FVB

Trending Topics