Looking to get the CB Adineko

Black_Label

Considering that original oil can delays are pretty much unfixable rusted-out bricks, the Adineko is really the best option.

Moontrills

I just like the tone of the delay that Andy is getting.
Be weary of his demos.
As one TGP'er said, he can plug into a dead cat and make it sound good.

With the said, it does sound very good and people on here seem to agree it's the best oil can sim on the market (along with the old blood noise black fountain, which I did have, but sold it because i found it little lacking in the control department)

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
Any users out there? The PGS demo sounds awesome.
I've had one for around a month now and am really enjoying it. I tend to find a setting I like on delays then just leave them there, but the Adineko is a pedal that I think really rewards a little more time spent exploring its capabilities. It morphs delay, reverb and vibrato in a really cool way.... Paired with a longer analog delay (for me, a Maxon AD999) I can get some super spooky feels. Highly recommended.

Oh, and though it comes set up for true bypass, I switched it over to buffered mode just to check it out & see if I liked it. I actually really dig it, love the ability to smoothly transition out of the effect with trails, and the bypass doesn't mess with my other pedals in the chain. Score.

buzzp

I've had one for around a month now and am really enjoying it. I tend to find a setting I like on delays then just leave them there, but the Adineko is a pedal that I think really rewards a little more time spent exploring its capabilities. It morphs delay, reverb and vibrato in a really cool way.... Paired with a longer analog delay (for me, a Maxon AD999) I can get some super spooky feels. Highly recommended.

Oh, and though it comes set up for true bypass, I switched it over to buffered mode just to check it out & see if I liked it. I actually really dig it, love the ability to smoothly transition out of the effect with trails, and the bypass doesn't mess with my other pedals in the chain. Score.
Do you have any clips of you playing it that I could check out?

That's a good band name btw, Andy & the Dead Cats

Jaydnt

It's totally rad. To me it honestly sounds better than the PGS Demo... There's just nothing out there like it really, so wiggly and spacious. I set the delay time super short and use it as a vibrato/reverb type thing and it's just inspiring! Set more as a delay it's crazy good too, I just prefer my delay to be kept clean. Also the feedback noises it makes are like a spaceship taking off which is a big plus and something different than the bleeps and bloops that most delays make. It can definitely pull off some haunting noises, and do some amazing eerie spaghetti western stuff, along with some super three-dimensional stuff that can't be found anywhere else. I dig it.

DaveKS

Had it since last Dec. Its everything it's billed to be. If that's the mood you want to set, can't think of anything better. Rogue Guitar sent me one as a loaner to try free and then cut me a killer Black Friday deal as well, took me about 30mins to decide to keep it.

I love my adineko.

I agree with the poster above. It sounds better in real life than any of the demos I've heard. The ongoing oscillations are ghostly in the most excellent way.

Read the manual, and turn up the reverb knob.

Adelbatross

I prefer the Black Fountain mainly because it works better with lots of dirt/fuzz, and OBNE are the kings of adding modulation to their effects. That said you can't go wrong with either one.

pinkfuzz65

Silver Supporting Member
Love it. I have it on my grab and go board. Can get crazy but can also give you a nice echo-y slapback. The reverb on it is also pretty cool.

Jaydnt

It's definitely the kind of thing you'd want to mark for multiple settings and change mid show. There's just too many sounds to leave it alone.

Artie Fisk

Got one a few days ago and LOVE it. The preamp is great, and the echoes are just, well, perfectly mysterious and foggy. It can do the spaghetti western thing, yes, but it's no one trick pony. It can do everything from crazy, reverb-drenched, dark slapback, to more "conventional" delay sounds. The quality of the repeats and the way they decay is the real sonic signature of the Adineko. The repeats get murky, soupy, and they hover in a cloud-like fashion. Hard to describe in conventional musical terms, but like ALL of the Catalinbread delays, it offers a LOT if you're willing to play around with the settings.

The balance control in particular is important on the Adineko. I find that when shifted more towards the long delay head and things get a bit cluttered, you can turn things more towards the short delay head and clean it up without sacrificing any of the density of the echo. It's nice to have that option instead of having to dial back the repeats and lose that reverb-y fog soup that the Adineko does so well.

And I thought I'd end up turning off my reverb (which I currently get from a Strymon Flint) since the Adineko is so, well, reverb-y, but that hasn't been necessary. I do find that I prefer the sound of the '70s Plate to the '60s Spring when using the Adineko, but it does play nicely with reverb. In fact, with a bit of reverb after it, you can dial back on the repeats somewhat, giving you a less dense soup (if that's what you want) without losing all the ambience that goes with it.

I guess I'm trying to say is "the Adineko is freaking great," and rewards lots of play and tweaking. Hard to find a bad sound with it, actually.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Lazarus thread!!! Adineko doesn't seem to get much love around here....

Just wanted to say, still have my Adineko after a couple years, it goes in and out of the pedalboard, but everytime I come back to it, I love it. I never use it as my "everything" delay (like for slapback or triplet delay for higher gain 80s type stuff), but for me this pedal is my DMM killer. I've owned several different DMMs, almost every "tape" delay out there, many analog with mod delays, etc.... for tape, I settled on TC stuff, my ears like what they do the best. But for "analog"/modulation (DMM) stuff, I haven't found anything better than the Adineko.

I liked my DMMs, LOVED my DMB (but the modulation was very touchy to dial in)... and every time I get GAS to buy another DMM-type (like the Xvive Echoman)... I just pull out the Adineko and smile. It's unique, it does ALOT of stuff, and just sounds like no other delay does. It's also one of the few I have found that can do heavy modulation without sounding like an acid trip (way too wobbly) very quickly ... it's easy to dial in (once you understand what what each knob does). It's special.

Sparadrap

Looks like fine gear for GAS feeding.
Unfortunately, for 2020 I have taken a vow of no pedal acquisition.

OotMagroot

I really want an Adineko. I'm afraid I would never turn it off though. I had that problem with the Montavillian.

p.j.

I really want an Adineko. I'm afraid I would never turn it off though. I had that problem with the Montavillian.
I think the reason I like the Adineko so much is that it can be there subtly in the background without getting in the way. I usually turn off reverb and delay when using fuzz. I can leave the Adineko on because it doesn't get in the way.

monkeybrains

the one I had gave a slight volume drop so I sent it back, I liked the sound though. I may have been in a particular fussy mood that day. If it had an internal gain control like the echorec I think Id have kept it.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
the one I had gave a slight volume drop so I sent it back, I liked the sound though. I may have been in a particular fussy mood that day. If it had an internal gain control like the echorec I think Id have kept it.
It does. At least mine does. Also a switchable buffer.

Trending Topics