Looks like Fractal Devices are getting a new Modeling Update - Cygnus

Yek

But the flaw in this line of thinking is that you did have a basis for comparison. The analogy above is apples and oranges because ever since the Axe FX Standard we were told the modeled amps play, sound, and react identical to the specific amps they were modeled after in your test environment. That is the ultimate “basis for comparison” wouldn’t you say?

Oh boy. Every time I get drawn towards TGP again after a pause, there’s a point where I start to feel really sorry I did. This is such a point. Keyboard warriors who request manufacturers to be accountable. And for what purpose? What a waste of bytes.

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure who of any consequence ever stated that the models played, sounded, and reacted identical to the real amps.
The company who this thread is about absolutely has. That’s totally cool that they do. Seriously. I get why they do. But don’t try and malign those who don’t see it that way.

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
Oh FFS :facepalm

I can't take any more. Maybe I'll check back later and see if all the keyboard warriors have got it out of their system yet.
Goodbye for now thread. :wave

ejecta

Silver Supporting Member
My seven year old sometimes says things look/are identical. I have a feeling he may change his view on many of those things as he grows older, gains more experience, etc.
Maybe he will and maybe he won’t. The immature thing won’t fly with everyone or for every age or let alone for every thing.

KHAN

People who don’t have personal experience get the wrong correlation from a wrong analogy all the time. No surprise there. Not the case here though. Still these movies aren’t trying to sell you on the idea that the CG characters are just exactly like a real human. Sell you enough so to make the story move forward even though your brain tells that’s not real? Absolutely. To sell them as just exactly like real people? No.

The focus becomes tearing down the minutia of the analogy, and the actual point becomes obscured.

Evolving tech improving over time. Striving to get better. But I get it. Criticizing every thing Cliff says has become a hobby for some.

BWebb

Oh boy. Every time I get drawn towards TGP again after a pause, there’s a point where I start to feel really sorry I did. This is such a point. Keyboard warriors who request manufacturers to be accountable. And for what purpose? What a waste of bytes.

If you’re unable to handle a civilized discussion and need to resort to name calling (keyboard warrior? - I post using my real name btw) then maybe you should step back and take a deep breath. I was simply pointing out the holes in the “basis for comparison” fallacy in Cliff’s argument.

BWebb

Not sure who of any consequence ever stated that the models played, sounded, and reacted identical to the real amps. The term realer does not imply identical, it implies closer to.

You must be new here. That’s cute.

Yek

If you’re unable to handle a civilized discussion and need to resort to name calling (keyboard warrior? - I post using my real name btw) then maybe you should step back and take a deep breath. I was simply pointing out the holes in the “basis for comparison” fallacy in Cliff’s argument.

Alexander van Engelen. I’ll change my signature to add this. Oh wait a minute, my sig already mentions it.

“Simply” nothing. Your bias is evident, just looking at previous posts.

BWebb

Alexander van Engelen. I’ll change my signature to add this. Oh wait a minute, my sig already mentions it.

“Simply” nothing. Your bias is evident, just looking at previous posts.

Bias, eh? Some people get offended so easily.

sprK4sH.jpg

BWebb

Congrats with the new improved firmware! :)

I’m seriously curious what bias you’re talking about. I’ve owned an Axe FX since the Ultra days and have upgraded with each major hardware version. So you must have me confused with someone else because I rarely comment on the ”realer” discussions unless someone posts something so far out in left field that it leaves me scratching my head.

Yek

I’m seriously curious what bias you’re talking about. I’ve owned an Axe FX since the Ultra days and have upgraded with each major hardware version. So you must have me confused with someone else because I rarely comment on the ”realer” discussions unless someone posts something so far out in left field that it leaves me scratching my head.

Couple of posts in your post history.

But listen: I shouldn’t have called you a keyboard warrior and I apologize for that. Didn’t mean to make it personal at all. I’m out.

Top Bottom