Looks like the BMF wah is getting a fuzz buffer

Lampasas

After a recent Marc Ford show I decided I had to have a BMF wah. Snagged one from Prymaxe, and was mightily impressed by both sound and build quality (the innards are very tidy and thoughtfully laid out). I use a lot of fuzz, though, so need a buffer. I emailed Scott and asked how one might install a Foxrox buffer. He happened to be prototyping a new circuit board with an integrated buffer and trimpot to adjust output and offered to let me try it. I was able to use it at a gig this weekend, and I'm thinking it's a keeper. Fat, very expressive, no piercing highs or muddy, muffled lows, and the buffer definitely works. I've been using a slightly modified Vox V847 w/a Foxrox buffer for a couple of years now, have basically been happy with it, but the BMF sounds quite a bit thicker, more vocal, just plain better. I'm not sure when Scott will be making these available, but they're worth checking out when he does. Mine:

bduguay

I dig the BMF stuff though I've not had first hand experience. He seems to know what he's doing for sure. Cool that you're digging it. I'm not surprised somehow.
B.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Platinum Supporting Member
After a recent Marc Ford show I decided I had to have a BMF wah. Snagged one from Prymaxe, and was mightily impressed by both sound and build quality (the innards are very tidy and thoughtfully laid out). I use a lot of fuzz, though, so need a buffer. I emailed Scott and asked how one might install a Foxrox buffer. He happened to be prototyping a new circuit board with an integrated buffer and trimpot to adjust output and offered to let me try it. I was able to use it at a gig this weekend, and I'm thinking it's a keeper. Fat, very expressive, no piercing highs or muddy, muffled lows, and the buffer definitely works. I've been using a slightly modified Vox V847 w/a Foxrox buffer for a couple of years now, have basically been happy with it, but the BMF sounds quite a bit thicker, more vocal, just plain better. I'm not sure when Scott will be making these available, but they're worth checking out when he does. Mine:

Glad you like it Jeff and they are available now for anyone who's interested.

I dig the BMF stuff though I've not had first hand experience. He seems to know what he's doing for sure. Cool that you're digging it. I'm not surprised somehow.
B.
Thank you sir!

OverDrivenGtr

Just got a BMF wah, mine has the DIP switches which means its got the buffer. My question is, what does the purple/blue trim pot with the arrow do? Is this for setting the output? I haven't messed with it but am curious as to what its purpose is.

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Platinum Supporting Member
Just got a BMF wah, mine has the DIP switches which means its got the buffer. My question is, what does the purple/blue trim pot with the arrow do? Is this for setting the output? I haven't messed with it but am curious as to what its purpose is.
Yes, it allows you to adjust the output of the buffer when it is engaged.

Trending Topics