• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Looks like the Klon KTR is coming back

Bill Finnegan Posted this the other day. I wouldn’t get to hyped up just incase something happens

Hi everyone-Sorry for the serious delay with regard to the new KTR production, but the light at the end of the that tunnel now seems to be getting brighter every day; my hope is that a number of authorized Klon KTR dealers will have units in stock in about three weeks.

Gemini2

I have four Klones here and they all sound different so I get that. I’d pick up a KTR if the perfect scenario presented itself.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Not very many people know about Bills social media’s so the reproduction has been kept under the blanket. I searched for the recent update on here before I started this thread
We ALL know about Bill's social media. You might not have gotten all the updates before joining TGP.

My point is that the anticipation of a another run of KTR is likely to slightly ramp up the values of original Bill F Klons which we all know he continues to build one at a time to sell on eBay and reverb to "help a single mother friend out."

Happy B-day, btw.

atarilovesyou

We ALL know about Bill's social media. You might not have gotten all the updates before joining TGP.

My point is that the anticipation of a another run of KTR is likely to slightly ramp up the values of original Bill F Klons which we all know he continues to build one at a time to sell on eBay and reverb to "help a single mother friend out."

Happy B-day, btw.
What a gracious man.

Happy B-day, btw.
Thanks for the Birthday WIsh!

I have four Klones here and they all sound different so I get that. I’d pick up a KTR if the perfect scenario presented itself.
Nobody can get the exact sound unless you copy the schematic exactly. And even then there's still gonna be some variation from pedal to pedal

COYS

Did all the original Klons sound identical? Or did they vary a bit?
There were some minor circuit changes from the very early Klons. Some cork sniffers have a preference, the differences are pretty subtle, and the klones can be bought or built either way.

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
Originally the KTR was treated like it was gonna be the "New Coke" of Klons... yet KTRs have kinda held their own, both in tone and value.

However, without the same exact magical components as before ---as BF has disclosed with that sketchy youtube 'announcement' a while back--- this latest batch of KTRs certainly have the potential to earn that title again.

I guess we'll see... in a few week-months!!!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
With so many affordable Klon(e)s available, including the Rockaway Archer that includes a graphic EQ which could theoretically be dialed in to create the frequency response of any other Klon, KTR, or klone, anything from the Bill F camp these days is only about value... money... buy to scalp. debate tonal mythology, and whatnot.
JMO. YMMV.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom