1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Loop for Occasional Pedal (insert loop)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by good soil digital, Feb 1, 2012.

1. good soil digital

good soil digital Member

I've never used a true bypass looper, a/b box, input/output box, etc. Always just plugged into the first pedal and out the last.

I've been doing a little work on my pedalboard and am contemplating moving to a new size and was recently watching a Josh Smith pedalboard video where he mentioned he had an insert loop about halfway through his chain where he could throw in a wah, volume pedal, compressor or some other pedal that doesn't necessitate always being on the board.

What an idea! Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've never read of anyone using a true bypass looper for the occasional pedal. Is it as simple as just wiring in a 1 loop box wherever you want it in your chain and then when you need it just plugging something in?

I actually think this is perfect for my wah. I don't use it very often, so the idea of not lugging it around on my pedalboard all the time, but still having easy access to plug something in is intriguing. I know you could just plug it in upfront, but, like Josh says in the video, sometimes I like the wah after some dirt.

Anyone else do this on their board? If for no other reason then being able to just simply plug in a new pedal from time to time without completely rearranging everything.

2. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Yep. Leave them plugged in. Even easier.