Loop for Occasional Pedal (insert loop)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by good soil digital, Feb 1, 2012.

1. good soil digital

good soil digital Member

I've never used a true bypass looper, a/b box, input/output box, etc. Always just plugged into the first pedal and out the last.

I've been doing a little work on my pedalboard and am contemplating moving to a new size and was recently watching a Josh Smith pedalboard video where he mentioned he had an insert loop about halfway through his chain where he could throw in a wah, volume pedal, compressor or some other pedal that doesn't necessitate always being on the board.

What an idea! Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've never read of anyone using a true bypass looper for the occasional pedal. Is it as simple as just wiring in a 1 loop box wherever you want it in your chain and then when you need it just plugging something in?

I actually think this is perfect for my wah. I don't use it very often, so the idea of not lugging it around on my pedalboard all the time, but still having easy access to plug something in is intriguing. I know you could just plug it in upfront, but, like Josh says in the video, sometimes I like the wah after some dirt.

Anyone else do this on their board? If for no other reason then being able to just simply plug in a new pedal from time to time without completely rearranging everything.

2. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Yep. Leave them plugged in. Even easier.