Loop/Jamming pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jackaroe, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jackaroe

Jackaroe Member

Looking for a looper/ jamm pedal for practicing/playing along with at home. I'm not very tech savvy so simple to use is a good thing. Any ideas?:JAM

2. aquadog

aquadog Member

how much loop time do you need?

The akai headrush is a great, simple looper that allows you to build loops as well as remove loops if you make a mistake.

it also has two great delays built in!

3. highfive!

highfive! Member

Boss RC-2 is pretty simple, especially if you read the manual.

4. eriwebnerr

eriwebnerr Member

I use the Digitech Hardwire. Its really a delay pedal but it has 20 seconds of loop time and you can overlay as much as you want. The deal maker for me on this one was that it was simple, well priced and its made to use either before the amp OR in the effects loop. The Boss pedal like this (DD7) is not designed to work in the loop (although it has 40 seconds of loop time - nice). So I can use my looper post effects (tremolos, delays, reverbs, etc) and incorporate those sounds in the looping.

The Boss DD7 is a good choice if you want to use it before the amp. For more serious business or live play I would suggest the Line 6 looper JM4 - that can do everything and you can bypass the amps / cabs / effects.

I had the RC-2 and its a great unit. Has a lot of built in songs and you can store loops, but the downside is that it can only do beat synched loops. So you have to find a beat that matches the loop you are going for. I tend to change time signatures a lot so this was an inspiration killer for me. But on the upside it will automatically synchronize your loop.

5. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

They don't sound great but as a creative/ practice tool the gnx3 from digitech has an onboard footcontrollable looper/ 8 track with amp modeling and effects.

I use it all the time but never live.

6. ungarn

ungarn Member

Just got a used Fender G-DEC...lots of fun to jam with the included tracks...