Loop-Master (Loopmaster) Switches

pdufilho

Do the swtiches on a LM make that snapping sound, much like a Fulltone Fulldrive 2, or are they more silent, like on the Line 6 DL4? I don't mean a signal pop, I'm just talking about a physical snapping sound. The swtiches on my FD2 make that sound, but my DL4 doesn't.

kldonegan

They are the same type of true bypass switches as the ones in your Fulldrive. They do make the mechanical pop. Otherwise, very quiet.

dick wiewy

To use momentary switches, i.e. silent kind, requires more components in each loop circuit which will drive up the final cost and depending on the quantity of loops may
deplete a nine volt battery faster than is acceptable.

The noticeable 'click' that's mostly tactile should be a non event for spectators of
the average band's combined volume. I find the 'click' reassuring actually.

DW.

grozeil

Well, I understand that if you're playing in a rock band, but if you play a kind of intimist music, like me, it's a non-seller.

Who are the builders making silent true bypass loops?

Jack DeVille

Its pretty difficult to design a system that is "silent" as there will will some inherent noise with any mechanical bypass system. There are some "clever" ways to minimize this noise, but some still be present. That's just the nature of the beast.

With that said, I've got some things in the works, utilizing the system employed in my recent designs. If you are interested, please PM or email me, as I do not want to spam this board.

I believe Cusack is working on a slick looper system as well.

908SSP

The switch you see on your DL4 is fake. It is just a plunger that hits a micro switch that then signals a solid state switch to make required changes. I don't know of any true hold switches that don't have some click noise to them.

frozze

Well, I understand that if you're playing in a rock band, but if you play a kind of intimist music, like me, it's a non-seller.

Who are the builders making silent true bypass loops?

"This1smyne" just started making them with silent switches. It costs more as well.

grozeil

The switch you see on your DL4 is fake. It is just a plunger that hits a micro switch that then signals a solid state switch to make required changes. I don't know of any true hold switches that don't have some click noise to them.

I've not a lot of TB pedals, but the first that comes in my mind is my Phase90 which has a TB and don't cut the sound when switched.

@ frozze : I've emailed this1ysmine a weeks ago, and he said me that he can do that. Wonder if Looopmaster too?

Pappy

Silver Supporting Member
I own a loop-master with 4 loops and a tuner mute. When I first received it, 3 of the loops were pretty much noiseless and the 4th loop popped like some true-bypass switches do. Over time, though, the 4th switch stopped popping. I'm not sure why. I'm very happy with my loop-master and would buy one again.

XXTwighlight

Yes. I get a major pop at my gigs.
I play in a wedding band and it sucks when i hear the loud pop and everyone in my band turns around.
Loopmaster sent me some troubleshooting info, but it didnt help.

Otherwise its the greatest most useful invention in the pedal realm.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom