• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Loop (send/return) pedal question

Bentayuk

Just for example, a Boss LS-2 with a 5150.

If I have one loop with my OD808 & ISP Decimator for use on my distortion channel on my amp. Then the other loop with reverb, chorus and delay for my clean channel use.

Will the OD808 (used as a clean boost) work as it does out the front of my amp, by tightening up the gain. Or will it act like it's in an effect loop, and just make the signal louder?

As the (example) LS-2 is being used in front of my amp. I'm just a little confused about how it should work.

My point in asking, is I'm trying to find a way to disengage my OD808 on my clean parts, without tap dancing on my board.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Is it considered tap dancing if you are trying to turn off one pedal?

Am i missing something?

stinkfoot

If the LS-2 is connected in front of the amp, that's where the OD808 will be placed (just like if you'd placed it there by itself). So if you boost the level there (either from the OD808 itself, or by simply turning up the level knob for that loop on the LS-2), you will get more distortion from the amp's dirty channel, but not much more volume.

Furthermore, if you add the Decimator in the same loop as the OD808, it will only deal with noise present at that point. So any noise that comes from the amp's distortion channel will still be there. To get rid of that, the Decimator would need to sit in the amp's effects loop.

olkie

Just for example, a Boss LS-2 with a 5150.

If I have one loop with my OD808 & ISP Decimator for use on my distortion channel on my amp. Then the other loop with reverb, chorus and delay for my clean channel use.

Will the OD808 (used as a clean boost) work as it does out the front of my amp, by tightening up the gain. Or will it act like it's in an effect loop, and just make the signal louder?

As the (example) LS-2 is being used in front of my amp. I'm just a little confused about how it should work.

My point in asking, is I'm trying to find a way to disengage my OD808 on my clean parts, without tap dancing on my board.
the LS-2 won't switch effects AND your amp channel. A pedal like that will only replace the effects in this loop with the effects in that loop... but wherever you put the switcher is where all your effects will be.

What sort of footswitch does your amp use for switching channels? If you just need a latching spdt switch, then it would be a pretty simple DIY build (if you don't mind not having an LED), but I don't know where to point you for something available for sale.

Bentayuk

Sounds like you want this, one pedal push switches loops and switches your amps channel. As with all things loopmaster, build time about 6+weeks.

http://www.loop-master.com/cleandirtychannel-switcher-p-273.html
In fact that's what I have coming. But it has occurred to me that having my overdrive on my dirt channel loop might make it act like it's going through the effects loop, rather than out the front to tighten up my distorted signal.

Guess I should have just said I have a Loop Master Clean/Dirty on the way.

DaveKS

In fact that's what I have coming. But it has occurred to me that having my overdrive on my dirt channel loop might make it act like it's going through the effects loop, rather than out the front to tighten up my distorted signal.

Guess I should have just said I have a Loop Master Clean/Dirty on the way.
How could it act like it's in the effects loop if it's plugged into the front of the amp?

Now the ls-2 might have a hotter signal level more like your effects loop being as it active/buffered circuit, but it still would be plugged into the front of the amp so would be before your amps preamp. But it also has those level trim knobs for each loops return so you can tame its level there.

Probably of no matter anyway being as OD808 is a full time buffered circuit anyway if recall correctly.

You either insert effects before your amps preamp going in front or in loop after your amps preamp in loop. Neither one of those devices will magically move it from one place to the other.

Bentayuk

ok, thanks, that's what was confusing me. By which I mean, I was confusing myself.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom