• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

LOOPER ?- ditched a Timeline for the EHX 45000,Pigtronix Infinity or Boomerang III?

Pale Rider

Silver Supporting Member
I feel like I get weird volume drops and strange seams with the Timeline
with a Disaster Area DM-6

I use a loop a lot for beds of sound and I like using the octave down functions-
Boomerang has that, does the Infinity? the EHX 45000?

maybe I'm missing something with the Timeline-I've had it since they came out, but the volume drops ....
I had a Boomerang III before 2.0 came out and it was hard for me to do my thing without the upgrade, so I sold it

anyone go either way?
is there something else I should think about too?

Last edited:

llmonty

Do you have the latest firmware for the timeline? I don't notice any seams or volume drop. Also - do you have a roller or exp pedal that controls loop volume? Very helpful.

I went from a DL4 to the timeline. Very similar functionality in terms of 1/2 speed and reverse being present, which is missing from many. Also, I have gotten use out of pre/post and undo. And the fact that you can use the delays and looper at same time is so much better than DL4.

The Rang III does have reverse and half speed as well in about the same footprint - plus you can change/configure the bonus buttons. A side car and wholly roller seem to complete the package and raise the price. You could roughly get the rang, the side car and/or roller for about the price of the timeline and DMC-6.

If you have the noise boxes you need to make the looping textures, then the rang makes alot of sense. I have a friend who uses it extensively and tells me it was a life changer.

Pale Rider

Silver Supporting Member
I should probably update my firmware-again just to be sure

I'll still take a few other opinions too.....

mmolteratx

Infinity doesn't have any of the octave or reverse functions. It's a pretty bare bones looper, just with great sound quality. I like mine a lot, but I've considered dumping it for a Boomerang III or an EHX 45000. Didn't care for the looper on the Timeline I had at all.

baggas

I have the Timeline and don't like the looper all that much, mainly because I prefer to have my delays on tap and keep the looper in a separate box. Boomerang III with the new software is fantastic, especially if you combine it with a Sidecar +/- Wholly Roller - takes up a lot of space though which is why I keep it on a separate board (PT-Mini).

mild

Seriously. You can adjust volumes and save what you come up with.

If it's good enough for Warren Ellis and the Bad Seeds, it's good enough for me.

npfrs

I prefer to keep a looper as a separate pedal. The only time I've considered using a pedal that wasn't a looper as one is with the M9.

R_S_G_7

Infinity doesn't have any of the octave or reverse functions. It's a pretty bare bones looper, just with great sound quality. I like mine a lot, but I've considered dumping it for a Boomerang III or an EHX 45000. Didn't care for the looper on the Timeline I had at all.
It apparently had reverse in the last firmware update. You need an additional two button switch though.

Gibouille

Hello,
I've had a jamman XT for 7 months now.

It has some good feature but the rythm guide is only tap tempo, there is no way you can use it like a metronome working on a precisely set tempo.

That is why I'm looking for one of the loopers that do midi sync, together with a rythm box.

npfrs

Love my 'Rang III. I do have the Sidecar and it makes a huge difference. I also use, for looping, Boss RC-2, Line 6 M9, and Digitech Stereo Jamman. The only one I'm unsure about is the Jamman, not because I don't like it but because I really wish it had MIDI clock sync like the 'Rang.

isaros123

Gold Supporting Member
You can't compare the timeline as a dedicated looper , it's a delay .. the looper was just a icing on the cake, i wouldn't ditch it for a looper i would just buy a boomerang looper or a ditto

Hemogloben

You should update to the latest firmware. We've had Reverse and a whole host of other features since ~March.

We're beginning talks for another update sometime after NAMM, though I can't say when or what because we're hard at work on some other things right now. But it's on our minds; we're looking for input, as always.

If you have any questions about how to update the firmware, gives us a call at 631-331-7447(PIGS) and ask for Ben, I'll walk you through it.

ooofest

My Timeline has been on latest firmware since purchase and there's never been a problem with volume changes or seams. I now use it 100% for delay effects and decided that a dedicated looper on the pedalboard was a better idea - even though my looping needs are not complex.

Was about to get the tc electronic Ditto Looper until I saw the specs on Digitech's upcoming Jamman Express XT, so will wait a month or so to see how that performs in early reviews.

- ooofest

Chonny

The Pigtronix is a really nice and easy to use looper. I have spent about an hour on one a couple of different times. I have experience with the Boomerang as well and I prefer the Pig. If for only the fact the interface and buttons are easier to use.

The amount of updates already (that include feature improvements) and the sound quality have me looking at the Infinity as one of the top two loopers I'm considering to replace my existing looping setup. Glad to hear yet another update is in process. I'm about two weeks out on a purchase at this point.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom