Looper pedal in front of amp?

x2005fsx

Hello there everybody!

I am interested in picking up a simple loop pedal, such as the TC Electronic Ditto, or the EHX Nano. I have been using a Yamaha THR10 amp, which does not have en effects loop. I realize that if I out a loop pedal in front of them amp, record something clean, and then want to overdub leads with overdrive, all of the tracks will end up overdrive. Is there any way around this?

I was thinking that if I put an overdrive pedal before the loop pedal, and then ran both into the front of the amp with a clean EQ, I might be able to achieve the sounds I am looking for. Does anybody have experience with this approach?

Thanks!

misa

Silver Supporting Member
Getting the OD tone from a pedal before the looper and just using the THR10 as a clean amplifier will work. You might also be able to rig something up using the headphone out and AUX in as an effects loop.

tobereleased

Another option is to use the volume knob on your guitar to control clean/drive. This is what I do with my looper - I use amp gain, but when I play softer (or vol knob down) it's cleanish. Turn up, dig in harder and switch pickup to get a contrasting lead sound.

This is also good practice for learning how to get more range from your amp ;)

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Ditto that I run into the front of my amps. It's last in the chain so works how you want it.

Trending Topics