Loopers: EHX 360 vs. Ditto X2

Hey, I need a good simple looper really bad. Please help me make up my mind between these two. I'd like to hear some opinions from people who have used either or both of these loopers. I will take any input under careful consideration, thanks a lot. -AC

smitty.west

I've used both and each one offers something the other doesn't. The one I currently use is the 360 because of the 11 storeable banks- that's the huge selling point for me. That said, I wish the 360 had the octave and reverse features found in the Ditto. Also 360's size is a plus.

I'm really leaning towards the 360 for the exact same reason. If the Ditto had even half the storage slots the 360 did it would be a no brainer. The effects on the Ditto look fun, but for my needs the convenience of having 11 on board slots out-weighs them.

smitty.west

Totally- that'd be my dream looper. I've been on the hunt for something with storable loops + reverse and octave features for a while now, but nothing seems to have it.
Even my Boomerang III which has a load of features can't store the loops. I'm surprised more people don't do loopers with store functions.

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
I own and use both... Same as others, 360 storage is superb... Ditto x2 reverse is simply stunning

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
Totally- that'd be my dream looper. I've been on the hunt for something with storable loops + reverse and octave features for a while now, but nothing seems to have it.

electrix repeater (used; originally circa y2k)

storage & recall.
4 tracks.
reverse.
multiply, divide.
undo.
re-pitch any of the 4 tracks separately from each other, not limited only to octaves; trigger with keyboard, per note, if you like.
slide the timing of any of the 4 tracks against each other.
change loop tempo without changing pitch, loop pitch without changing tempo, or both together (classic-style).
flatten any number of tracks.
effects sends/returns available.
switch from one 4-track loop to any other; maintain consistent tempo or switch to pre-programmed tempo per loop.
bi-lateral sync.
etc.

motokev

wuts so great about 11 storages ? Digitech solo XT does 200. Plus, it stores to a micro card.

Last edited:

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
Could you elaborate? A reverse feature on a looper isn't exactly groundbreaking.
Ceticelk, a fair point BUT none do it better... You can have very short or long reverse sounds into the looper, then feed them via (on my small board) an Obscura and a Talisman into the EHX 360... To create the nost unique sounds ive heard.

Your Sonny Sharrock quote says it all...

celticelk

Ceticelk, a fair point BUT none do it better... You can have very short or long reverse sounds into the looper, then feed them via (on my small board) an Obscura and a Talisman into the EHX 360... To create the nost unique sounds ive heard.

Your Sonny Sharrock quote says it all...
So it's groundbreaking because it's a reversible looper in a small package that you can put in the middle of your pedalboard rather than just at the end? I'm sorry, I still don't get it. To me, saying that "none do it better" suggests that there's something substantively different about the Ditto's reverse implementation, which I can't see at all. I'm glad you're having fun with it, though!

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
Celticelk,

'None do it better' means just that - no pedal ive tried produces reverse better than the Ditto x2, and ive owned many of em. So, by this, i mean it really tracks your notes exactly.

Now, once you have learnt this, you can then start to reproduce some wonderful sounds... You learn how to get those cello notes; or alternatively, those very short sound bites. Re looped, or reverbed, you can produce some wonderful soundscapes, which are unique AND usable.

"Dont be afraid to let go of things you know Celticelk. Create. Make music."

celticelk

Celticelk,

'None do it better' means just that - no pedal ive tried produces reverse better than the Ditto x2, and ive owned many of em. So, by this, i mean it really tracks your notes exactly.

Now, once you have learnt this, you can then start to reproduce some wonderful sounds... You learn how to get those cello notes; or alternatively, those very short sound bites. Re looped, or reverbed, you can produce some wonderful soundscapes, which are unique AND usable.

"Dont be afraid to let go of things you know Celticelk. Create. Make music."
I've owned loopers capable of reverse for at least the last 15 years. You don't need to convince me that it's a useful feature. =) I'm still perplexed about what could possibly make the Ditto's implementation any better than any other looper - you activate the reverse function, and it plays in reverse. It's not rocket science. Still, as long as you're enjoying your music making, that's the important thing!

1radicalron

electrix repeater (used; originally circa y2k)

storage & recall.
4 tracks.
reverse.
multiply, divide.
undo.
re-pitch any of the 4 tracks separately from each other, not limited only to octaves; trigger with keyboard, per note, if you like.
slide the timing of any of the 4 tracks against each other.
change loop tempo without changing pitch, loop pitch without changing tempo, or both together (classic-style).
flatten any number of tracks.
effects sends/returns available.
switch from one 4-track loop to any other; maintain consistent tempo or switch to pre-programmed tempo per loop.
bi-lateral sync.
etc.
I agree

Trending Topics